teaman

Oh my gosh, what a terrible name.  "E-mersa?"  :o

For those who may not know, MRSA  (pronounced mersa) is a horrible infection that literally eats skin.

It's so graphic I won't post a picture of it.  Google it if you want, but be warned, it's disgusting.

+++

Edit:  I deleted my link, thinking it might be offensive.

Edited by wvu80
  • Like 3

Terrible name. I know what they were going for, but the name was ill thought out for exactly the reason Dave pointed out.

Still don't see a replacement for the Fusion 8100 in their lineup either, and have not seen anything about a proper replacement for the XDA-2.

• Like 3

Terrible name. I know what they were going for, but the name was ill thought out for exactly the reason Dave pointed out.

If they had named the line "Immersive" or even Emmersive i wouldn't have jumped out of my skin, but holy cow they named the line after a highly contagious skin disease that has the mothers of school age kids jumping out of their skins!

Edited by wvu80

Anyone tried their X series speaker cables?  What I like about them is the interchangeable connectors.

I use them on my L/C/R They are very well built cables. Unfortunate that they quit stocking them.

Edited by Tasdom

Anyone tried their X series speaker cables?  What I like about them is the interchangeable connectors.

I use them on my L/C/R They are very well built cables. Unfortunate that they quit stocking them.

They have one and two meter cables for sale on their site.

They have one and two meter cables for sale on their site.

I have the 3 meter. They haven't had those for over a year now.

Update from the press release:

XPA Gen 3 Amplifiers

Appealing to the bespoke demands of the audiophile market, the XPA Gen 3 is all about personalization and configurability.

XPA Gen 3 is a custom-tailored component that can be endlessly tailored to individual systems – the opposite of “off-the-shelf.” It’s a reference-level audio amplifier ideal for everything from a single subwoofer, to a stereo playback system, or a complete home theater. Its unique, modular, assembled-in-the-USA architecture, means it can grow with system needs.

The XPA Gen 3 is a significant step above the Gen 2 line. Using Emotiva’s lauded XPR amplifier topology for superior sonics, and designed with highly flexible modularity, the XPA Gen 3 accommodates 1 to 7 channels, multiple power levels, and is ideal for applications from from reference stereo to surround sound.

All XPA Gen 3 amplifiers share the same chassis and power supply; fully modular construction means that any XPA G3 amp can be upgraded by up to seven channels at another time. Each channel combines Emotiva’s differential input, fully complementary, short signal path Class A/B amplifier circuitry, and Optimized Class H™ power topology, to deliver both true audiophile sound quality and high efficiency.

Emotiva’s new high performance universal switching power supply delivers exceptional efficiency and excellent low noise performance, automatically adapting to any line voltage between 100V and 250V, and reducing overall system weight for easier handling and installation. XPA Gen 3 can be configured from two channels (350 watts/channel into 8 ohms) up to seven channels (250 watts/channel into 8 ohms). Suggested retail prices are as follows:

XPA-2: $999
XPA-3: $1,199
XPA-4: $1,399
XPA-5: $1,599
XPA-6: $1,799
XPA-7: $1,999

Supposedly this is just the first of many new things coming out, so hopefully we will see tubes next year.  I wonder if they got Bob Carver to help out any with his short stay with the company.  Also, if you've noticed, they've taken down half of their DAC's off the shopping page.  

If they had named the line "Immersive" or even Emmersive i wouldn't have jumped out of my skin, but holy cow they named the line after a highly contagious skin disease that has the mothers of school age kids jumping out of their skins!

+1 yeah I thought the same thing. Someone missed something there. It's like a digital version of a flesh eating bacteria.

Interesting post though. Thanks for sharing Tim!