The Force Awakens - Official Thread (HERE BE SPOILERS)

wvu80

Star Wars

We're talking star wars

Yes they are star wars

Cowboys in space

Star Wars

Definitely star wars

No doubt they are star wars

Fighting in space

There's a guy

Who has a  fast ship named after a Ford

With a friend

Who's really very hairy

And a girl

With a hamburger bun hair do

And a dude
Who breathes so very funny

But it's just star wars

Yes it is star wars

Definitely star wars

Cowboys in space

Edited by oldtimer
  • Like 1

I have yet to see a Star Wars episode.

Great i don't feel so bad, I was going to come here and make a confession, but you made it easy. I have never seen more that a few minutes of any of them.  

I am stunned!  :o

Stunned to find that either of you guys get internet reception in the caves you both must live in on one of those tropical islands in the Pacific. 

Here, so you know what people are talking about around the water cooler the next few weeks.  This is the first three episodes condensed into one video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXL1agXVeuo

Edited by wvu80

• Moderators
I am stunned!    Stunned to find that either of you guys get internet reception in the caves you both must live in on one of those tropical islands in the Pacific.  I wish I lived in a cave on a tropical island, but no.  

Here, so you know what people are talking about around the water cooler the next few weeks. 

We do have a water cooler in our cave but the only person around it is my wife. I am sure she will never bring up star wars. 

This is the first three episodes condensed into one video:

To make a full confession I have never watched any movies that have been made into a series of movies like star wars. To be fair we don't watch many movies, a couple few a year, I know they should come repossess all the HT stuff, it's a shame. I said I was going to start watching more movies after we got the new Tv, but it never happened yet. 

edit; Strange it was all colored type until posted, oh well........

Edited by dtel
  • Like 1

I think Mark used to post about a guy that was a major influence on George Lucas, trying to remember who that was it will come to me in a minute.

Watched Temple of Doom last night, saw all of the Star Wars homages and hidden tributes, are at least the one's I remember.

Was it Joseph Campbell?  He, and his books on mythology, influenced George Lucas, as well as Stanley Kubrick and Arthur C Clarke.  Lucas later had him to Skywalker Ranch to hold seminars, and contributed to a PBS TV series about him and his work.

When Kubrick first met with Clarke to discuss writing 2001 (it was written as a movie and a novel at the same time, "with feedback in both directions" according to Clarke) he gave Clarke a copy of Campbell's Hero with a Thousand Faces, and said, "Here, read this."

cum drum

Typo? Or Freudian slip?

That is more than a typo or Freudian slip, lol.  I looked it up real quick and found this: :huh:

cum drum:

Or: cumdrum , a condom , especially one with a reservoir end . See condom for synonyms.

I missed this one by such a large margin, I should be in a galaxy far, far, away in the middle of some Star War, lol.

Got tickets for the 18th. A bunch of us are getting together that day to watch the first six before going that night. Looking forward to it.

Yo! Twelve hours of Star Wars, and then going to watch another 2 hours of Star Wars at the movies? :blink:

I can't think of anything that is FUN that I want to do for 14 hours straight!

Yep...that's the plan. Of course Episode I is so bad a guy could probably sleep through it.

• Like 1

of course after four hours i'm supposed to consult medical help.

"Consult medical help" after four hours?  Why??? 

At your age, I'd think I'd be taking pictures and bragging to all my friends!  :D

It keeps him from rolling out of bed when he's asleep as well.

• Like 1

Got tickets for the 18th. A bunch of us are getting together that day to watch the first six before going that night. Looking forward to it.

Yo!  Twelve hours of Star Wars, and then going to watch another 2 hours of Star Wars at the movies?  :blink:

I can't think of anything that is FUN that I want to do for 14 hours straight!

Not even when you were 15?

Yep...that's the plan. Of course Episode I is so bad a guy could probably sleep through it.

Whaaa...what?  Are you crazy?  Am I the only one who actually liked The Phantom Menace?

First of all, it has the best title of all the Episodes, but let's not stop there.  I love the opening fight scene with the Jedi after the negotiations never took place, there were some great lines ("there's always a bigger fish") and the best villain ever Darth Maul fights the best light saber ever with Qui-Gon.  I share your deep despair when they killed off Darth Maul after only one episode, even though fan outrage brought him back in the cartoons, but I digress.

Here, see if this makes you feel better about Ep 1:

I suggest you skip Ep 6, Return of the Jedi, for the following reasons, below.  I love the end of the HISE episode where the force ghosts reunite at Qui-Gon's funeral and discuss Anakin's previous incarnations, especially from Ep 1 at 3:05 :  "Now this is pod racing." 

Edited by wvu80

You know, I must say, I will not be seeing this in theaters as I have given up seeing movies in theaters for the most part. My sound and picture is so good, so far and away above any theater I've been to, that it's just not worth it to me. My theater room setup (which has a freakin kitchen in it) is just too damn awesome to drag myself out to the cineplex, kids in tow. There are just way too many inconveniences that I do not find to be worth the trip. We absolutely love our home theater and love getting blu-ray disks in the mail, we don't mind waiting a bit longer to see movies on a system we built and that we control. :) Not to mention we are vegan, and can't really find good organic or vegan options in any theaters. :P

I hope I didn't put a hamper on this thread, this post is in no way meant to be a slight at anyone who does prefer going to the theater. :)

Edited by ninjai18
  • Like 2

I hope I didn't put a hamper on this thread, this post is in no way meant to be a slight at anyone who does prefer going to the theater. :)

Yeah, too late, I think you've totally ruined the mood.  I think I can speak for everybody here and confirm that now, nobody is going to see Star Wars in the theaters next week.   :(

Instead, we're all going to wait for the Blu-ray to come out, then we're coming to your house to hear that great sound system of yours and have some vegan popcorn.   We're hoping you will have upgraded to Dolby Atmos by then.   :D

Edited by wvu80
  • Like 1

Yeah, too late, I think you've totally ruined the mood.  I think I can speak for everybody here and confirm that now, nobody is going to see Star Wars in the theaters next week.   :(

Instead, we're all going to wait for the Blu-ray to come out, then we're coming to your house to hear that great sound system of yours and have some vegan popcorn.   We're hoping you will have upgraded to Dolby Atmos by then.   :D

Hey man, I make a mean organic vegan popcorn bowl! :P No plans for Atmos just yet. :P

Btw, thanks for your service!

Edited by ninjai18
  • Like 1

As I recall the first release of Star Wars in the 70's was a huge moral booster for all of the people in the USA. It kind of took hold like "cell phones".

JJK

It came out in '77, and yes you are right, it took the country by storm, every kid wanted a Star Wars toy as this was the first time merchandising made more money than the movie. 

And for us music people, Star Wars put John Williams on the map.  Great movies always have great music, and every marching band in the country played Star Wars songs for the rest of the decade and had entire Star Wars themed shows. 

Maynard Ferguson did a screaming version:  :)

And then there was this:  :blink:

(you are forgiven if you choose not to waste the next three minutes of your life watching this awful video)

I have yet to see a Star Wars episode.

Great i don't feel so bad, I was going to come here and make a confession, but you made it easy. I have never seen more that a few minutes of any of them.  

I think I watched the first one didn't interest me enough to watch any sequels after that. I like movies just not these types