Basketball; Curry Madness

DizRotus

Villanova was overrated.  Regarding NCAA seeding, conference tournaments will be more important than in most years.

I know what you mean, but what else can you do?  Somebody has got to be ranked number one!  All the other teams the voters ranked #1 kept losing, one losing within hours of getting the top spot! (I think that was Oklahoma)

++++++++           WVU 80 National Rankings      ++++++++++++

(compiled from a nationwide poll of all Klipsch members named "wvu80"

1. Kansas (ranked #1 at the time winning the best regular season game of all-time, a triple overtime 109-106 win against #2 Oklahoma convinced me)

2. Oklahoma (they have the best player in the country, Buddy Hield)

3.  Michigan State (best 3-point shooting team in NCAA history)

4.  North Carolina (they play UVA on Feb 27 in 2 days and then we'll know if they can play)

5.  Virginia (this is probably the #4 team, but I'm picking NC)

6.  Xavier (the great unknown of 2016)

7.  Villanova (consistency wins games)

8.  Maryland (I'm not so sure they shouldn't be 5th)

9.  Iowa (seems to beat the great teams then lose to inferior opponents)

10.  West Virginia (Press Virginia, they did knock off #1 Kansas, and yes, I'm a homer :lol: )

Dark horse:  Kentucky (20-7)  Great talent which can't seem to play well together.

Here are the real Top 25 polls

Edited by wvu80
  • Like 1

I'd try to go if I were closer.

One of my favorite basketball weekends involved Indy.  In 1979 I went to the NCAA Regional at Market Square Arena to watch MSU with Magic Johnson beat Providence, then buzzed to Cincy to watch Indiana State and Larry Bird beat Arkansas with Sidney Moncrief, then back to Indy to watch MSU beat Notre Dame.

Edited by DizRotus

I'd try to go if I were closer.

One of my favorite basketball weekends involved Indy.  In 1979 I went to the NCAA Regional at Market Square Arena to watch MSU with Magic Johnson beat Providence, then buzzed to Cincy to watch Indiana State and Larry Bird beat Arkansas with Sidney Moncrief, then back to Indy to watch MSU beat Notre Dame.

That sounds like an exceptional weekend, the good ole days. Magic and Larry are my two favorite players ever. It's a great rivalry, friendship story.

• Like 1

That Duke education must have made Jay Bilas extra smart.  While just now calling the UNC vs UVA game, he predicted that Xavier and MSU would meet in the NCAA finals as 2 seeds, and that the Spartans would win.  I hope he's correct.

Edited by DizRotus

He also said that UNC cannot improve its outside shooting game but that they can get better on defense. What a brilliant mind...........

Virginia has a fine team too.

I'm watching the UNC-VA game with the sound off, listening to the Mountaineer game.  Second half WVU is up 11.

Not college, but did you guys see steph Curry hit that game winner last night from near the half court line? It was an unreal shot me made. Guy is crazy good.

I did see that game, and Steph was freakin' UN-believable!  Wow, what a player!

I almost posted that same story in this college BB thread as well, just because it was basketball.

Edited by wvu80
  • Like 1

Steph Curry comes from the deep end of the gene pool. Not only is his mother easy on the eyes, she was a talented volleyball player. Add the father's NBA genes and the Curry brothers have excellent pedigrees. More important, they appear to be quality people, in addition to being excellent athletes.