Basketball; Curry Madness

DizRotus

It looks to me like when the top teams play each other, there is a noticeable drop-off in performance the next game, sometimes the next couple of games.

I think the middle teams need to jockey for position to try to get a good seeding for the tournament and if you are a contender you have got to get a 1 or 2 seed.  It's hard to win out if you are a 9 seed or lower.

• 2 weeks later...

March Madness is less than a month away.

My Spartans have almost no shot at winning the B1G, but they're in a better position than they were last year when they were spoken of as a "bubble team" regarding the NCAA tournament.  As he usually does, Izzo had that "bubble team" peaking at the right time.  They made it to the Final Four.  I expect big things from this year's team also.

There are still at least 20 teams that could win it all.

This Saturday MSU gets it's only crack at the Wolverines this season, and it's in Ann Arbor.  

Wolverines are probably better in underwater basket weaving also.  They are clearly better at hockey.  Red Berenson is an excellent coach.

MSU needs a new hockey coach.  They haven't had a good coach since Ron Mason left to be the AD.  I'm no Hockey expert, but even I questioned when MSU hired the current coach.  

#1 Sooners & #2 Tarheels fall. Lowly Nittany Lions take down #22 Hoosiers.

#10 Spartans thrash Wolverines in Ann Arbor. MSU has a better shot at a #1 seed than they do at winning B1G Conference. An Izzo coached team is a tough out when it counts. The 2016 edition is better than the 2015 Final Four team.

The Dantanio & Izzo tandem is the best in college sports. Now if they could only help Mark Hollis find a better hockey coach, the Spartans would be covered in the 3 revenue sports that support the Title 9 programs.

#10 Spartans thrash Wolverines in Ann Arbor. MSU has a better shot at a #1 seed than they do at winning B1G Conference. An Izzo coached team is a tough out when it counts. The 2016 edition is better than the 2015 Final Four team.

I don't care what the Win/Losses are, it's not a good year unless you beat your rival.  That was a good win for Sparty over the Woverines.  MSU shot 64% from the field, you are going to beat almost anybody doing that.  I didn't see the game, but 64% usually doesn't mean you are hitting jump shots, it usually means you are getting to the rim and scoring a lot of dunks.

My 14/12th ranked Mountaineers beat #13 and #15 this week.  Mountaineers are not a top tier team so those were good wins for them.  WVU can beat a good team once in a while as a couple of weeks ago they beat then #1 Kansas and lost to now #1 Oklahoma by a bucket. 

If a team wants to get to and stay in that elite 8 group you have got to consistently beat lower ranked teams, and win on the road.  WVU is not there yet, but the #10 Spartans might just get there this week.

Edited by wvu80
  • Like 1

#1 Sooners & #2 Tarheels fall. Lowly Nittany Lions take down #22 Hoosiers.

The Dantanio & Izzo tandem is the best in college sports. Now if they could only help Mark Hollis find a better hockey coach, the Spartans would be covered in the 3 revenue sports that support the Title 9 programs.

I was watching the ND/NC game and the Tarheels were up by 14, I quit watching! I guess I missed a great ending.

• Like 1