Basketball; Curry Madness

DizRotus

Purdue has multiple 7-footers, MSU has none. Nonetheless, I like Sparty's chances tonight in West Lafayette.

I'd like to watch that on ESPN, but ESPN2 has got #10 WVU vs #6 Kansas at the 7:00pm time slot.  :(

MSU got 1 vote for the number 1 spot this week.

It's a great year for competitive college basketball as SIX teams got votes this week for # 1. (seven in the Coach's Poll)

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/rankings

Edited by wvu80

wvu80 said:

"I'd like to watch that on ESPN, but ESPN2 has got #10 WVU vs #6 Kansas at the 7:00pm time slot."   :(

I'll record the WVU game on ESPN2 while watching the MSU game on ESPN.  During timeouts and commercials, I'll toggle back to ESPN2 to watch the WVU game.

Edited by DizRotus
  • Like 1

Kansas at home too strong for my Mountaineers.  Both teams playing at a high intensity level, especially on defense.

No. 8 Michigan State at No. 18 Purdue?  Close with a minute to go.

Remember Spartans, it's not a comeback unless you win.  B)

Edited by wvu80

• 2 weeks later...

Spartans need to win out to have any chance at a share of regular season B1G title. Even then, they need more help like the Gopher's defeat of the Terps.

This forum's Tarheel and wvu80 also have teams with shots at winning it all. Soon March Madness will be upon us.

• Like 1

Michigan State if friggin' unbelievable shooting the 3-ball!  What are they, up somewhere around 45-46%?  I know Ohio State is down this year, but Sparty just toyed with them on Buckeye's home court.

The desirable number in 2-point shots is 50%.  You get the same amount of points if you can shoot 3-pointers at 38%.  Any team that can shoot 75% from the line, hit field goals at 50% and three's at 38% can beat or at least stay with just about anybody.

+++

Spartans are currently ranked #6.  Their ranking has been up and down all season like practically everybody else, but It wouldn't surprise me to see them grab a #1 seed for the Big Dance.

• Like 1

I'd say approximately 2 dozen legitimate contenders.  

This is when Izzo shines.  He and his staff do as good a job as anyone getting ready to play the next unfamiliar opponent on tournament short turnaround.  Last year it was Izzo's 7th Final Four team.  This year's team is better than last year's team.

It should be exciting.  May the best teams advance.

Edited by DizRotus

Professor Xavier #5 just beat #1 Villanova 90-83 to try to grab a #1 regional seed. 

You've got to rank the X-men over the V-men now, don't you?

+++

#8 Iowa and #9 Arizona lost tonight as well.

Edited by wvu80