The Hateful Eight

Schu

His music and the atmosphere of the Spaghetti western is well worth seeing.

Plus his great score for The Mission.  I'm listening to it right now.  The movie is very good in pitting two points of view -- held by dedicated members of the same faith -- against each other.  And, of course, there are two additional points of view represented in the story.  De Niro, and, especially Jeremy Irons, are great.  The London Philharmonic, the choir, and the native music aren't bad, either!  Robert Bolt, the screenwriter on Lawrence of Arabia, Doctor Zhivago and A Man for All Seasons, wrote the screenplay.

Edited by garyrc

A star studded line up leads me to think this will be a really good movie. I am not going to run out to see it as I usually wait for the comforts of home for theater viewing. To me Tarantino has been hit or miss his last few films. And for the record I have no interest at all in Star Wars, Star Trek or any other Starry films.

Edited by teaman
  • Like 1

I watched it the other night. Pretty brutal. About 90% of the movie shot in a one room cabin. Samuel L Jackson is very good as always. I won't give anything away, but Quentin has a way with killing. 

Did you wonder why he went to all the trouble of using 70mm, equipping theaters, etc., if about 90% of the movie was shot in a one room cabin?   True, 70 mm has its advantages even when in restricted quarters (as in Porgy and Bess), but it seems as 70mm would be more appropriate for Kill Bill.

Did you see it in 70mm? 

An interesting bit of trivia perhaps, saw that Quentin was going to be on Colbert's show a few weeks back and recorded it.  In the show, he mentioned that he used the same  lenses as they did in the movie Ben-Hur and a couple of other wide screen films of that era.   he then added, that what me meant by that is that they were the exact lenses used in those movies.  I thought that pretty cool.  

Edited by shiva