best humorous christmas present bought or received

MKP'S BOSS

Several years ago we went to harbor freight (cheap tool store) for shop stuff. We bought cheap headlights, gave them to the grandkids for Christmas. Later that night we strapped them to their heads and turned all the lights out. Absolutely hysterical. All we saw were erratic light beams and all we heard was laughter and screaming. Best $5 we ever spent. Lol

• Like 2

Great story!  I don't know if kids have laser tag anymore but it would be fun to play laser tag in a dark house with those headlamps on!

I got a ball for my dog that you could record an audio track onto it and when the ball was bounced or chewed it would blast out the recording. My dog freaks out over birds (especially crows) and so I recorded "GET THE BIRDS!" She went bonkers over that thing!! When she got it in her mouth and chewed it it would scream "GET THE BIRDS!" and she would drop it all freaked out but then continue to attack it anyway. Hours of fun there. No literally only hours, it was destroyed but hysterical while it lasted. 

• Like 1

I saw this video with Jimmy Kimmel having parents give their kids half eaten sandwiches or rotten fruit as gifts that were wrapped as presents, or in gift bags. Some were vegetables as well. They videotaped their expressions and sent them in.

• Like 1

Gave an ex girlfriend a big double ended sex toy stuffed into a shoebox, the looks on her family's faces when she opened it and popped out of the box from the tension was priceless.

"Ex" before or "Ex" after?

Before & after, just friends with bennies at the time.

So, warning, kind of tacky, but you did ask. One year my family decided to get sentimental and confused Christmas with Thanksgiving, we went around the room and everybody had to declare what you were thankful for. I'm sure it sounded like a good idea at first but it went downhill after awhile and got really weird and cringe-inducing. When they got to me I was about tired of it and felt there needed to be some comedic relief, so I just said "boobies!" Caught them totally off-guard, I don't think I've heard so many people laugh so hard for so long. So anyway, my present the next year was a belt that had "I (heart) boobies" all over it. Apparently it was the funniest thing ever to everybody else.

• Like 1

Gave an ex girlfriend a big double ended sex toy stuffed into a shoebox, the looks on her family's faces when she opened it and popped out of the box from the tension was priceless.

While some may think its was in bad taste or inappropriate our relationship was lots of pranks on each other, her family was always having fun with stuff also, her dad was always a jokester.

Just caught them off guard in the holiday season is all. :emotion-21:

• Moderators

While some may think its was in bad taste or inappropriate our relationship was lots of pranks on each other, her family was always having fun with stuff also, her dad was always a jokester.

Just caught them off guard in the holiday season is all. :emotion-21:

I thought it was funny, we did the same to our best friend when his wife had a birthday party in front of a large group of friends and family, although it was not double ended it still shocked and embarrassed her.

• Like 1

When i was about 20 years old, my Grandmother (who was poor) gave us some “used” stuff for Christmas.  To me, was given, a cooking device that made hamburger patties...no idea what it was called.  But, she wrapped the cooking part separate from the cord...i opened the box with the cord first thinking that was the only gift.  I was confused and I just remember saying, “i got an electrical cord.”  Nobody knew how to react.

​I got her back though....years later (she just passed away last year at age 99) she went to see my sister’s new house. I went to visit them. One of my other sisters asked our grandma, “did you see the house?”  My grandma leans over to me and asks me what she said. So i said, “She asked if you saw the horses."

​“oh they have horses?” says Grandma.

Then i was told to stop playing with the old people.

I can't think of any funny Christmas presents, but when I was little and apparently bad my aunt gave me a box with rabbit poop for Easter, it was just what I was promised, I must have ticked her off ?

Santa is always watching.

Good thing you were not like... Hey, chocolate covered nuts my favorite. :lol:

• Moderators

They should have not told me anything,  I probably deserved it.  :emotion-14:

We lived next door to my aunt in what were called a shotgun house in New Orleans, anytime we coughed or just looked a little funny she would go in her cabinet and get a sugar cube, put it in a big spoon and fill the spoon with whisky and make us drink it. She said it would cure us  :o it did, what it did was teach us was how whisky gives you a buzz and apparently our aunt Violet would rather be around kids when they were slightly loaded. :blink:  Things were different back then :)

When i was about 20 years old, my Grandmother (who was poor) gave us some “used” stuff for Christmas.  To me, was given, a cooking device that made hamburger patties...no idea what it was called.  But, she wrapped the cooking part separate from the cord...i opened the box with the cord first thinking that was the only gift.  I was confused and I just remember saying, “i got an electrical cord.”  Nobody knew how to react.

​I got her back though....years later (she just passed away last year at age 99) she went to see my sister’s new house. I went to visit them. One of my other sisters asked our grandma, “did you see the house?”  My grandma leans over to me and asks me what she said. So i said, “She asked if you saw the horses."

​“oh they have horses?” says Grandma.

Then i was told to stop playing with the old people.

After reading how you got a cord for Christmas, I thought you were going to say you got her back by pulling her plug.

I remember my aunts and uncles giving my grandfather a round of cheese.  After he opened it and put it down they spirited it away and re-wrapped it.  About the fourth go round he just muttered, "That's a lot of cheese.".  At my age now, I'm not sure it was nice or cruel, but it was hilarious at the time. 

• Like 1

• Moderators

she would go in her cabinet and get a sugar cube

yeah, sugar cubes were a big hit at Haight/Ashbury back in the day.   :D  

That's true, back in 1968-69 my dad drove us out to California, he insisted we go buy Haight/Ashbury one day, he was kind of obsessed with hippies ? I seriously doubt dad had any clue about sugar cubes, I really think he liked the hippie girls ?  The first Chinese food i ever tried was in Chinatown, back then there was not a Chinese restaurant in every town like there is now,.