Klipsch Status

Vulcan37

Hi everyone,I'm Mike from Scotland and I've only recently been converted to Klipsch headphones.

I received the latest of my purchases through Amazon only to find when I opened box there was a manufacturing defect on white headband.

I was offered a refund.No exchange?

Advised to contact Klipsch.co.uk.

Raised a ticket and eventually was referred to a Ed Corkey or something like that..no email address .

Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought Klipsch would have took more interest at the possibility of there being a batch of these out there.

Next stage ,try and contact this Ed ???

Any advice gladly received.

post-62086-0-22920000-1450205142_thumb.j

• 4 months later...

Hi, not sure am I the only unlucky guy who has this problem.  I have with me two sets Status Headphones for a period of a year plus (one being a replacement by Klipsch Agent because of a warranty issue on my previously owned Image One which had been discontinued). I like Status so much that  I bought another set but now I regret my decision. About one and a half month ago, while putting on one the headphone, the headband broke suddenly on the right side of the ear cup slightly about one inch above the folding joint is located. At that time, I did not pay much attention to it because I still have the other set but to my horror a week later the same thing happened to my the other set and the place where it was broken is identical when placing both the headphone side by side.  I contacted the local Agent but was informed that the warranty does not cover this kind damage and they have classified it as "wear and tear".  However, in my opinion it cannot be due to wear and tear because the headphones are less than 2 years and because I have 2 sets, I used them on rotation.  To me, it seems to be a headband design flaw and  of course I am unable to prove it unless more of other users are also having the same issue. So if any of you guys who are having the same issue like me, would appreciate if could le me know.  Thank you.

Edited by UnkerWill

Welcome to the forum UnkerWill, sorry we have to meet under such sorry circumstances.

I am with you and I would not accept the "wear and tear" excuse.  I am sure there is a distributor for Klipsch, UK that is separate from the US distributor but based on my experience with the fine folks at Klipsch, Inc they will be interested in helping you, and finding out why there is a factory defect and correcting the problem before there are more unhappy customers. 

Gee-I have a couple of headsets---an Un-named brand---that sound pretty good--that I paid

$25 for each set--bought at Wal-Mart---2 or 3 years old---never had a problem

with either set.

Customers want RELIABILITY IN A PURCHASE.

Edited by rebuy

I received the latest of my purchases through Amazon only to find when I opened box there was a manufacturing defect on white headband. I was offered a refund.No exchange?

So why didn't you take the refund and buy another? Or if you believe they are of a defective design, take the refund and buy another type.

What am I missing?

• Like 1

Hi Dave and Everyone, thank you for all your suggestions. Yes, I submitted a claim directly to Klipsch directly which I have yet to receive any replies and guess what, the local Distribution finally responded to me and told me that they will see what they can do to resolve the matter. I am looking forward to it.

• Moderators

Hi Dave and Everyone, thank you for all your suggestions. Yes, I submitted a claim directly to Klipsch directly which I have yet to receive any replies and guess what, the local Distribution finally responded to me and told me that they will see what they can do to resolve the matter. I am looking forward to it.

Awesome news!!

After waited a week for answer from the local Distributor, sadly they informed me now that the matter would have to be resolved by Klipsch USA despite earlier on Kilpsch USA had replied to me when I first submitted a warranty claim that I should submit my claim to the local distributor.  Looks like they are pushing my claim around.  

Edited by UnkerWill

I would take the refund and order another pair.  Klipsch customer service in the US is very good.  The structure of things for Europe is that the warranty goes through the distributor for that country or local distributor.  Not sure why that is but it is the way it is and there is probably a reason....

My daughter and I both have a pair of white Status and have had no problems, other than the headphone cable I broke when my phone fell on the floor the first day I used our first pair of Status that I won in the Klipsch #UnleashRoy contest.  Replacement cables were quickly sent out.  Yours should have never got past quality control.  both our pairs have held up quite well and are very durable.  I've even used mine (or maybe our daughter's) while doing yard work with no issues.  I did change to a vinyl cable for such things as I didn't really want to get grass stains on the cloth cable.

Hopefully your issue will be resolved soon.

I received a great news from the Dealer saying that Klipsch USA has agreed to exchange my two broken headphones. That's excellent support service from them. All I need now is to wait for the shipment to arrive in 1 to 2 months' time and the Dealer will contact me. Hopefully all will turn out well...I will update here again when I do receive the headphones.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

I know that it's poor forum etiquette to revive a thread this old...BUT!

UnkerWill,

How long was it until the headband on your replacement Status headphones broke as well? (The headband on my Status headphones broke in the exact same manner)

Thanks,

Matthew

Edited by BrokenStatus
added context