For sale: Klipschhorn Jubilee + 510

godfried

:(  It's a pitty, we've bought them, but our plans have changed so they will be beter off with somebody else.

No X-over, so bi-amping is the way to go.

Located in Europe, the Netherlands.

653.jpg

for more information:

https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/topic/157982-bi-amping-a-jubilee-510/

https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/topic/147806-jubilees-for-sale-sold/?hl=%20jubilee

if interested, send a pm

regards, Godfried

Hi Juniper and Tom, they actually sound very good, i love them, but since we can't use them in our culture cooperation, and since my home is to small, they are, with regrets in my heart, better off living with somebody else.

Juniper, what do you mean with Roy's settings exactly.

Regards, Godfried

Hi Juniper and Tom, they actually sound very good, i love them, but since we can't use them in our culture cooperation, and since my home is to small, they are, with regrets in my heart, better off living with somebody else.

Juniper, what do you mean with Roy's settings exactly.

Regards, Godfried

HI Godfried , the co- designer of the speaker has the exact settings, that can be found on the forum, for the k-402 horn with the k69 driver, and I think for the 510/k69 also. Maybe someone will chime in. I can tell you in 2 different locations using fairly expensive gear, dialing in an electronic crossover the results weren't as good as Roy's settings as a start. The speakers you have there are something special, I have heard some highly acclaimed and very expensive gear, the Jubilee with the K402 can sound as good as anything I have heard. I have read, from people I trust, that the 510 horn is amazing as well... 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hello, just signed up to the community because you all have been a great help in getting me so far to go to listen to the jubilees.

Went to Godfried (2.5 hour drive) who is a real music and Klipsch lover to listen.

The setup was very bad with the worst cables you can imagine.

I have owned the Klipschorns but had to sell them when moving to another place. Have Lascala2 since.

Even though the setup was bad, they allready sounded amazing. I know what the Klipschorn is capable of and can only agree that the Jubilee is much more in control.

It's no surprise that I bought them and will pick them up next weekend.

There is still one question I like to ask.

I have read that most of the people use them with the EV crossover.

I like to have passive crossovers due to the system I allready have with all Monster sigma retro gold cables.

Is there allready an existing crossover available for this setup or should I just go with the EV.

Thanks for any reply.

Frank.

I like to have passive crossovers due to the system I allready have with all Monster sigma retro gold cables. Is there allready an existing crossover available for this setup or should I just go with the EV.

I don't recommend passives for your newly acquired Jubilees.  If you look at the number of PEQs and shelf filters current in place with the Dx38 that was used to audition them, the cost to build passives that can do those corrections using good components will be in the $3-4K(US) range.

Any good quality active digital crossover will do well.  If you have a choice of crossover type with your new Jubilees, I'd recommend looking at 96 kHz sampling units (excluding Behringer)--such as Yamaha and Xilica, rather than the more commonly found 48 kHz.  You'll hear much more difference out of that choice than high price cables, IMO.  Cables don't have much effect on the sound of Jubilees in my experience.  Perhaps it's because the loudspeakers aren't relying on minute input impedance values via cables to affect their polar coverage or relative phase values in the crossover region, like you see with many other loudspeaker types.

Chris

Hello Evan, your right about the wrong place to post the question.

I'm new on the community and still have to look around.

Strange how things go, your American daughter teaching British literature in the Netherlands. She's living in a nice place.

Within a few minutes in Germany or Belgium.

Thanks for your reply Chris,

I did look into it and the Xilica XD4080 seems to be a very good option.

Never really got into active systems. This is a whole new world to me. So thanks for putting me on the right track.

As soon as the Jubillees play I'll let you know how everything works out.

Best Regards,

Frank.