Center advice plz! RC-52ii or RP-250C or R-25C

Haus

Hi all! Hoping for advice on a new CC speaker. Looking to upgrade from an old Polk CC to one of the Klipsch versions in the title. I currently have RB-61ii's for the front, an RW-12D sub, 2 older Polk rears (will replace next), and the old Polk CC I want to replace.

Unfortunately I don't have the space for the larger 4 woofer CC's, but I think the ones in the title should fill the room nicely.

Any suggestions on which would be the best CC out of these? And/or which one would pair the best with my RB-61ii's? Any help would really be appreciated!

^ Second.

I'd highly advise against the R-25C as well. Though I'm not sure the quality difference between the RP-250C and the R-25C...there seem to be mixed reviews on whether or not the RP line is really that much better than the regular reference line now.

RC-62 II ftw.

Thx for the input guys. Not sure I can find an RC-62ii though... A quick search turns up a few used ones, maybe 1 or 2 that claim to be new. Still looking at around $500, which may be a tough sell for the wife... I may have to settle for the 52ii's.

U think the 62's would be THAT big of a difference from the 52's? Enough for me to make the big sales pitch (ie - lots of begging/pleading & promises of completing house chores....)? I'm not a HUGE audiophile, but I can definitely tell that my Polk CC is pretty muddy, even compared to my RB-61ii's. So I gotta think either of the Klipsch would be a big step up...

Thx for the input guys. Not sure I can find an RC-62ii though... A quick search turns up a few used ones, maybe 1 or 2 that claim to be new. Still looking at around $500, which may be a tough sell for the wife... I may have to settle for the 52ii's.

U think the 62's would be THAT big of a difference from the 52's? Enough for me to make the big sales pitch (ie - lots of begging/pleading & promises of completing house chores....)? I'm not a HUGE audiophile, but I can definitely tell that my Polk CC is pretty muddy, even compared to my RB-61ii's. So I gotta think either of the Klipsch would be a big step up...

most likely big will be a step up. But a lot of us have owned the 52 and 62 center. The horn size is big difference. The 62 is much larger sounding. The 52 still sounds good. But the 62 is quite a bit nicer. It's the same difference with rb-51 to the rb-61.

Ah! I hadn't thought of CL! ...well, I'm in the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton area of PA, and a search there, and even as far south as Philly, doesn't seem to be turning up any RC-62ii's. :-( I do see a handful of C-10's (low end?), and a good number of RF's if I was in the market for them... Just no RC-62ii's. Other suggestions? :-)

Ok.... One last question on this subject (I think). I mentioned the RP-250C above and I all but felt the collective shiver out of your posts. So I immediately got that one out of my mind. But what about the RP-440C? Does that illicit the same bad feelings as the 250C? Am I still better off trying to get a RC-62ii or worst case a 52ii, or should I consider the 440C if I find a decent price?

Again, thx for the great input!!

To echo what I had said previously, there seems to be something about the RP line that isn't sitting well with many people. I have not heard any of the RP line, but based on what I've read...you're better off to go with the RC-62 or RC-64 (probably the 2 in your case).

There are a few of us, myself included, that are Gen I purists too. God help you if you ask me to say my actual opinion. lol

I've owned the 42ii, 52, 52ii, 62, 62ii, 64 and the p-27c palladium. Currently own a 250c, 440c and 450c. Trust me. You want the 62ii to match what you have. If you can't find one now, keep your cash set aside and wait. The deal will come. They just got discontinued. There will be more and more on the market.

• Like 2

Well OK then! U have me convinced... I will either find a 62ii now, or will wait for one to break free nearby or on eBay or wherever.

Thanks for all the good input! If not for your advice, I probably would've just jumped on that RP-250C and would've ended up being disappointed and PO'd that I didn't come here 1st... ☺. Cheers!