Movers obliterated my RF-5 Woofers :(

TheFiend1

Hey guys,

My prized RF-5 speakers that I gave to my father have been completely manhandled during a move this morning. My father told him to be extremely careful - yet somehow this happens. :angry:  Now we need to figure out what to do. I tried calling the Klipsch Parts Department today to see if they have any replacement woofers but they appear to be closed! :(  Im not even sure if they even have any laying around anymore since they have been out of production for so long.

If I cant find any woofers Id like for these people to cover the original cost of the speakers but I do not have my original invoice anymore! Does anyone know how much these retailed for? I need to figure out how to get some kind of invoice made so I can give it to these people so they cover the cost. Super disappointing.

post-40516-0-26040000-1450465389_thumb.j

Edited by rdeyoung
  • Like 1

Oh man, that sucks.  K-1083 if not mistaken.  Original list on RF-5's was $549 each?

Plenty of online "invoice" creators available if you need to conjure something.

BTW - The woofers on Ebay right now look like shit, but keep looking.

Maybe someone here has a source - in the closet perhaps?

Edited by Arrow#422

Its freakin inconceivable. Clearly they have no idea what they were doing. Thanks you guys for that part number and link! Im going to advise him to purchase 4 woofers (if they even have 4 left) just in case the other 2 on the other speaker are messed up as well. Even if they have no visible damage all it takes is one good bump and the magnet can get thrown off center and the whole thing is effed.

Could the tweeter be damaged as well?

• Like 1

You best hold them responsible for the damages regardless if you can find the part. See about insurance claims, and speak with the supervisors of the moving company. At least for them to cover the new parts.

According to Klipsch the MSRP was $1,500 a pair.

• Like 1

I recently had a move with one of the larger moving companies and they accepted my stated values using MSRPs from the original manufacturer's websites.  I had no issues receiving my claimed amounts (that was not always the case with previous moves/movers).  Now, it could be they decided not to give me any trouble with my claim because they had some serious screwups almost throughout my move (worst move I've ever had by far!).