Movers obliterated my RF-5 Woofers :(

TheFiend1

Some people are clueless (and that's putting it nicely).  You can't pick up speakers by their grill cloth. :(

This is precisely the reason for when you are moving, to pack your very valuables or stuff that can't be replace easily yourself in packaging that can be man handled.  I hope you find woofers.

My dad got the new drivers in from that link you all provided me with today and installed them :D Its beautiful. I told him he should get 2 more just incase anything else happens in the future. Thanks you guys for all the support!

On a side note - he also just happened to be given a barely used Marantz AV8003/MM8003 combo... for free :o The guy was older and upgraded to the newer models and had the 2 units sitting around. Super lucky. 

post-40516-0-89160000-1450916530_thumb.j

Edited by rdeyoung
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

The 120841 shows that it is no longer available from that site. This is what I woke up to this morning thanks to my puppy. No movers to blame in this case... still have no idea what his motivation was.

07B4293A-291C-47E7-B8AB-ABAE04B53F6A_zps

B9E5B279-80D0-42A8-9DD4-C8A0511A2789_zps

If any one has any other sources for a replacement K-1083-SB (120841) I'd appreciate the help.

-Dan

So I'm cleaning up my new (to me) double 15" cinema bottoms.

Just yesterday, my Uncle suggests putting 1/2" hardware cloth behind the factory "window screen" grille, at least the lower woofer, for the exact above possibility.

I told him, "makes sense, but I dunno, my dogs don't do things like that"

Now I see anythings possible.

Going to put in the hardware cloth .    Lars

The 120841 shows that it is no longer available from that site. This is what I woke up to this morning thanks to my puppy. No movers to blame in this case... still have no idea what his motivation was.

07B4293A-291C-47E7-B8AB-ABAE04B53F6A_zps

B9E5B279-80D0-42A8-9DD4-C8A0511A2789_zps

If any one has any other sources for a replacement K-1083-SB (120841) I'd appreciate the help.

-Dan

Music critic. Too much Rap?

The original factory replacement driver for the RF5 is no longer available there is however an upgraded replacement from Klipsch but you would be looking at replacing all the woofers. You should be able to see your remaining three stock woofers to those who will only settle for an original version and not miss a beat.

http://reconingspeakers.com/product/klipsch-k1122-ob-8-lf-speaker/

• Like 1

If I were to speculate on how those speakers became damaged during the move I would have said they were Jammo jammoed by some other protruding object during loading. I don't see how falling down can do that.

JJK

the woofer baskets are plastic and easily distorted. 

• Like 1

• 4 years later...
  • 1 year later...
On 6/15/2020 at 12:13 AM, Iteachstem said:

I know this is 4 years later, but I have the OEM driver if you're still looking.  I have 2 in perfect condition.  $120 for both or $65 for 1.

1083 002.jpg

1083  001.jpeg

Bump! No answer? Are they still available?

Edited by riddleen

On 4/21/2022 at 2:19 PM, riddleen said:

Bump! No answer? Are they still available?

As you probably know these have been out of production for quite some time good news is that there's still plenty out in the used market best cheap source is the RF-3 they must have sold a ton of that model and for a reasonable price because they are for sale everywhere and usually for pretty cheap. If you want new woofers the newer cone style is available and if you replace all 4 you can sell off your old ones that are still in good shape for a good price to re-coupe some of the cost.

https://reconingspeakers.com/products-page/klipsch-1011974-rf-82-mkii-woofer/