Best movies for LFE?

Turbox

Lord of the Rings is one of my favorite LFE movies as it is not the usual explosions etc. Favorite scenes are:

Fellowship:

Sauron's helmet falls and slams on the ground in opening battle.

(Extended) Gandolf speaks in Mordor language during council of Elrond and effects melt your face, very unique LFE effect and really brings out the Holy F*** this Sh** it evil factor.

Two towers:

Opening of Saurons gate scene.

Swamp scene were wraith flys over.

Treebeard scenes

Return of the King-

Pretty much all the Battle Scenes

Master and Commander is another great one with all around great audio and effects. The opening battle is a benchmark for showing off to friends.

The original Jurassic Park is a classic as well... "SHOOT HER!!!!" :o

It never gets mentioned but my favorite movie for subwoofer material is Metallica's Through The Never. The stupid fast double kick drum all throughout is killer but there's also a few spots where they sneak in some pretty low LFE. Gotta have both a tight system and one with good 20 hz response for this one.

Transformers 4 is also excellent, the intro is pretty wild, if your system can do some subsonic stuff it will shake your room without boominess, neat effect. When rockets hit their mark its really neat as well, probably because there's so much anticipation. One of the more exciting ones for LFE in my opinion in terms of the effects tied to the movie. A lot of stuff is ok for demos but this adds to the movie nicely.

Edited by MetropolisLakeOutfitters

the thread on avs that as posted is THE LIST to go off of. everything on that list is measured. we can all say things that sound good on our systems in our rooms. but we all have different systems that may have peaks or nulls that you may not have. so that list like i said is as god as it gets.

I wasn't expecting it, thank God I didn't have the volume set at reference level, I have no idea why they put that in there and I'm sure that bass have ruined a few subs.

I wasn't expecting it, thank God I didn't have the volume set at reference level, I have no idea why they put that in there and I'm sure that bass have ruined a few subs.

i typically listen at -25 on my avr. i wouldnt be able to listen at reference. i have an F20 and an 1802, its pretty bad *** at the start. kinda cool but yeah, doesnt make sense.