Anyone use RP-280s as surrounds for RF-7IIs?

cyclones22

I've played around with it, nothing long term. Ran 280's along with RF-7ii's and ran a 450c as well. I think it's plenty close enough for surround duty. If you're looking at the 280's anyway, the only way to fly would be the 280FA, already has built in Atmos and the finish would match WAY better than the normal 280's, which looks pretty cheap and even slightly purple right next to the 7's. Atmos is superior to the add-on modules as well and looks way better.

Edited by MetropolisLakeOutfitters
  • Like 1

​I'm curious if anyone on this forum has mixed Reference IIs with RPs. I'm debating on replacing my RS-62IIs with RP-280s, but wonder how different the timbre is in the RPs. Any first hand experiences would be greatly appreciated.

This doesn't sound like an upgrade to me. What is making you consider the change?

I have an Atmos setup. They would be the RP280FAs replacing my RS62IIs. What about for multichannel music? Not too different for that as well?

I can tell you right now that this is the best reason to go with the towers. When a guitar pans around the room, the towers are seamless, sounds like a guitar is coming out of the wall where there is no speaker. I can't get this effect with RS-62ii's.

• Like 1

So tested for a few days, and the combo sounds amazing. The timbre matches well and whether it's movies, 5.1 SACD/DVD-A or multi-channel stereo processing on 2 channel music, absolutely no complaints from me. Going towers for surrounds is a ridiculous upgrade (and it should be for the cost). Anyway, no regrets.

Edited by cyclones22
  • Like 1