Big stupid gripe

And its about sometimes i need to go back to correct spelling or leave out a word, things similar in that nature.

It would be nice not to show the..

:excl2:  This has been edited by a big dummy who had to change his story so he does not sound like a big dumbazz.

Maybe something a bit more subtle could be an option or give a person a few minutes to look it over before this edit thing comes up.

Yeah i know you can look it over beforehand but it seems easier for me at least to look over the post after it has been written.

My thoughts anyways.

• Like 2

>>>>  :excl:  <<<<  I didn't even know we had that emoticon.  :emotion-55:

I'm OCD so a mispelling or comma instead of a period drives me crazy, so I doubt you could find one of my posts that hasn't been edited. 

Think of me as you will.  B)

Edited by wvu80
  • Like 4

Jason-

I suggest you not worry about what others think about the "edit alert," I don't.  Frankly,  I'm somewhat surprised that many seem unaware or uninterested in editing errors.  All in all, spelling, grammar & syntax can be overrated on a forum like this.  What matters is communicating your point.  If we empowered the spelling police we'd lose a lot of valuable contributions.

I'm grateful for the ability to edit provided by this forum.  It bugs me too to see a typo, or worse, in an old post, so I frequently hit the edit button.  

Several other forums I haunt, such as diyaudio, AK and others, are much more restrictive regarding editing.  I suppose its simpler to restrict or prohibit editing.

Edited by DizRotus
  • Like 1

Hit the "More Reply Options" button at the bottom right of the window, and it will give you a preview of your post,

You can hit "preview post" button again and again in this view as you're typing/editing to see the updated preview.

Chris

Edited by Chris A

Hit the "More Reply Options" button at the bottom right of the window, and it will give you a preview of your post,

You can hit "preview post" button again and again in this view as you're typing/editing to see the updated preview.

Chris

Yes Chris, i mentioned that in my firsr post.

I'm OCD so a mispelling or comma instead of a period drives me crazy, so I doubt you could find one of my posts that hasn't been edited. 

My mother has OCD, she has to have the living room blinds even or she thinks everybody will think we have no class, i move the blinds every once and a while just to razz her then tell her they are still uneven and she monkeys with them for like 10 minutes sometimes.

I just sit back with a big grin and watch the silliness.

Got to keep mom busy somehow. :D

• Like 1

Sorry - I didn't understand what you were saying...clearly.  :)

Personally, I do take a little attention to detail in my posts because they stick around for a long time.  Editing my posts is to me a statement that I care.  If you want to hide that editing--to me that seems a bit odd.

Even recently, I've gone back several years to edit some of my old posts so that guests and other members that might read them won't get bad information or information that's been overcome by events over time. 

I don't know if you know this, but a significant portion of the this forum's traffic is by guests reading old posts: probably 70% or greater of all traffic.  I pay attention to that fact.  More than half of what I write is not for the participants in the thread--but for others that might read it. 

YMMV.

Chris

Edited by Chris A
  • Like 3

My mother has OCD, she has to have the living room blinds even or she thinks everybody will think we have no class, i move the blinds every once and a while just to razz her then tell her they are still uneven and she monkeys with them for like 10 minutes sometimes.

I just sit back with a big grin and watch the silliness.

Got to keep mom busy somehow. :D

WTH?

Now just hold on there fella, ya know this is the 21st Century right? :o

They got remote controls for those things. :emotion-21:

As she gets up in years it really would make her day, electric blinds are the Bomb! :emotion-21:

You "Like" your toys or you would not be here, give her one.

Then you can really mess with the blinds, she would love "Fixing Them" without getting up :emotion-21: .

• Like 1

Sorry - I didn't understand what you were saying...clearly.  :)

Personally, I do take a little attention to detail in my posts because they stick around for a long time.  Editing my posts is to me a statement that I care.  If you want to hide that editing--to me that seems a bit odd.

Even recently, I've gone back several years to edit some of my old posts so that guests and other members that might read them won't get bad information or information that's been overcome by events over time. 

I don't know if you know this, but a significant portion of the this forum's traffic is by guests reading old posts: probably 70% or greater of all traffic.  I pay attention to that fact.  More than half of what I write is not for the participants in the thread--but for others that might read it. 

YMMV.

Chris

Iv been running different verisions of this for years.

When a drunkin sailor can talk into this and it types it out, it's good stuff.

Spell check is auto but like everything else in life, it does hickup sometimes.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NUANCE-Dragon-Naturally-Speaking-Home-13-Version-13-0-w-Headset-Mic-NEW-/181835416487?hash=item2a563c43a7:g:egcAAOSwMmBVztP8