Youthman's Snowboarding Video in Colorado (First Visit Out West)

Youthman

• Moderators

This was my first time visiting out West.  Absolutely breathtaking!  We stayed at my sister's timeshare in Beaver Creek and skied / snowboarded at A-Basin, Keystone and Breckenridge.  What an amazing trip....will take my entire family in 2017.

• Like 2

I've been out there several times.  Copper Mountain is my favorite.  Larger than Breck and less people.  One of the runs is like 3.5 miles long.  May be there in February.  

Keystone is a bit steep for my liking, just kills my shins.  

Love the Brewery in Breckenridge.  When they have fresh Autumn Ale in September and the aspens are changing, its just heaven.  

One year I went and ran into a guy I work with on the middle of the mountain on Breck.  We had no idea either of us were going.  

Spent 10 days mountain biking around Breck, that was awesome.  Biked for 8.5 hours one day and got caught by a hail storm on top of the mountain like around peak 8 past the Burro Trail.  Temperature dropped over 40 degrees, my blood sugar dropped and ran out of food, it was bad.  Got to the bottom of the mountain and curled up in the fetal position under one of the ski lifts trying to cover myself with a raincoat, in shorts, in 37 degree weather while hailing and shaking from low blood sugar.  Just awful.  

Edited by MetropolisLakeOutfitters
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

For those of you who are into this sort of thing, look at Frontier's facebook page, if you book a flight on Frontier, which is already by far the cheapest way to get to Denver if available, if you go to Copper Mountain and show your boarding pass, they give you two lift tickets for the price of one.

Of course, they also jack up the window rate so total savings is unclear. Booking two days online already saves 41% apparently. Showing your ticket in person just nets you 50%. If you could do both book online and get the Frontier discount that would be awesome.