Why VRD's

richieb

I have thought about this for some time and now that all members have sold their VRD amps and no toes to be stepped on I think it safe to open this question. What is everyone's infatuation with VRD amps, whether mono or stereo? Is it a loyalty to Craig and his love for Klipsch? For me this falls back to the recent thread on tube vs. SS and the sound each offers. Yes I owned VRDs several years ago, with Corns and Belles I believe. At the time I thought they were good, not great and presented a very SS like presentation. I suppose if I go tubes it's SE rather than PP/Ultralinear which is what the tube amps I've kept/own are, SE. Please enlighten me although I have feeling this question is sacrilegious with this forum but its something I've wondered for a time.

This place cracks me up. A simple question to the pros/cons of the Forum favorite VRD turns, as always, into a pissssin' contest. Like who's stream sounds most like a horse pisssin' a flat rock.

I don't need be told about "truth" or '"a better source" is the answer. I've been in the game long enough to know from where I speak but thanks for the advice.

Run amps at 100% - that's simple enough, Class A SS. Running full out the moment they turn on. Don't believe it - check your power bill. Got a pair of 'em, love 'em. So does Westar energy.

Continue on --

where does it state an ulterior motive on his question? That's an assumption. He flat out states he's not looking to knock, it's just his opinion.

Pointless opinion. He's looking to beat someone up. Easy enough for me to see that

I guess you can see inside his mind? I didn't take it at that. I took it as someone who is looking for opinions on an amp that he doesn't think is fantastic.

Hey Jim, I believe it may be another example where the original questions may not have been formulated in a succinct, easy to understand, POV questions when asking something on a public forum.  

Words can have many interpretations to many people and in reading the original post, the reactions of others, and the follow up posts; it looks like the OP set up a few fallacy arguments (inadvertently or on purpose, I don’t know) that may have had the impact of being perceived as “trolling” or "having an agenda" when read by others (e.g. my perception is my reality while your perception is your reality).  The potential fallacies include a “red herring,” a possible “straw man,” and potentially a touch of “ad hominem,” in addition to a bit of “tilting at windmills” in the line of questioning rather than ask straight-forward questions, without the 'multiple choice' diatribe in the original post such as:

How did you make your decision to purchase VRD amplifiers?

What other equipment are you using with VRD amplifiers in your music reproduction system?

How do you think the other equipment helped with the overall synergy of your music reproduction system when using the VRD amplifiers?

I’m curious, while I thought the VRD amplifiers were good, I did not find them great (or giving me the listening experience I was chasing?) since I could not achieve any synergy using __________, _______, and _________ in my music reproduction system.

When the posts introduce such phrases as “everyone’s infatuation with VRD amps” or “loyalty to Craig” or “please enlighten me” or “although I have feeling this question is sacrilegious with this forum” or "this place cracks me up" or "pissing contest" or "I don't need to be told" can all be condescending-types of statements to a reader just reading words, and trying to interpret those words, on the forum.

On page one I tried to verify the OP’s statement of “everyone’s infatuation with VRD amps” by using several Google searches of the forum and what I found out with the results of those searches is that it seems we have many more fanboys of the following list of ubiquitous equipment including; Sony, Pioneer, Denon, Yamaha, Onkyo and Emotiva than we have fanboys of VRDs. :ph34r:

Edited by Fjd

I have thought about this for some time and now that all members have sold their VRD amps and no toes to be stepped on I think it safe to open this question. What is everyone's infatuation with VRD amps, whether mono or stereo? Is it a loyalty to Craig and his love for Klipsch? For me this falls back to the recent thread on tube vs. SS and the sound each offers. Yes I owned VRDs several years ago, with Corns and Belles I believe. At the time I thought they were good, not great and presented a very SS like presentation. I suppose if I go tubes it's SE rather than PP/Ultralinear which is what the tube amps I've kept/own are, SE. Please enlighten me although I have feeling this question is sacrilegious with this forum but its something I've wondered for a time.

This place cracks me up. A simple question to the pros/cons of the Forum favorite VRD turns, as always, into a pissssin' contest. Like who's stream sounds most like a horse pisssin' a flat rock.

I don't need be told about "truth" or '"a better source" is the answer. I've been in the game long enough to know from where I speak but thanks for the advice.

Run amps at 100% - that's simple enough, Class A SS. Running full out the moment they turn on. Don't believe it - check your power bill. Got a pair of 'em, love 'em. So does Westar energy.

Continue on --

where does it state an ulterior motive on his question? That's an assumption. He flat out states he's not looking to knock, it's just his opinion.

Pointless opinion. He's looking to beat someone up. Easy enough for me to see that

I guess you can see inside his mind? I didn't take it at that. I took it as someone who is looking for opinions on an amp that he doesn't think is fantastic.

Hey Jim, I believe it may be another example where the original questions may not have been formulated in a succinct, easy to understand, POV questions when asking something on a public forum.  

Words can have many interpretations to many people and in reading the original post, the reactions of others, and the follow up posts; it looks like the OP set up a few fallacy arguments (inadvertently or on purpose, I don’t know) that may have had the impact of being perceived as “trolling” or "having an agenda" when read by others.  The potential fallacies include a “red herring,” a possible “straw man,” and potentially a touch of “ad hominem,” in addition to a bit of “tilting at windmills” in the line of questioning rather than ask a straight-forward question such as:

How did you make your decision to purchase VRD amplifiers?

What other equipment are you using with VRD amplifiers in your music reproduction system?

How do you think the other equipment helped with the overall synergy of your music reproduction system when using the VRD amplifiers?

I’m curious, while I thought the VRD amplifiers were good, I did not find them great (or giving me the listening experience I was chasing?) since I could not achieve any synergy using __________, _______, and _________ in my music reproduction system.

When the posts introduce such phrases as “everyone’s infatuation with VRD amps” or “loyalty to Craig” or “please enlighten me” or “although I have feeling this question is sacrilegious with this forum” or "this place cracks me up" or "pissing contest" or "I don't need to be told" can all be condescending-types of statements to a reader just reading words, and trying to interpret those words, on the forum.

On page one I tried to verify the OP’s statement of “everyone’s infatuation with VRD amps” by using several Google searches of the forum and what I found out with the results of those searches is that it seems we have many more fanboys of Sony, Pioneer, Denon, Yamaha, Onkyo and Emotiva that we have fanboys of VRDs. :ph34r:

I can also understand what you are saying, but I personally didn't take the OP's original question as an attack or ulterior motive. Again, on my end, not having any real experience, I took it as him looking for actual opinions, and don't see anywhere in his post that's it's questioning the person who built the product,or the product.

There's many threads I've posted where I could have worded things differently, but I don't always take the time and effort some others do when posting. So I could see where some may think differently on words typed into a thread as we can't hear how the words are being typed.

would definitely beat the heII out of someone. definitely

come and get it slicky boy....... :emotion-19:

You don't have it in you to make the type of comment that would make that happen, but if you insist meet me in the parking lot of the Indianapolis 5 guys. You better pack a lunch, or you could just pick it up there.......

• Haha 1