Juicy Music pCats / Prices reduced

davis419b

I am dismantling and selling one of my complete systems. This system was bi-amped with an electronic crossover. Everything is in excellent condition and operates flawlessly. Each item will be plus paypal and shipping. I am located in Dallas, Tx.

Juicy Music pCats are class A and produce 25wpc. All tubes are original and the amps have had the heat sink mod with no issues.               $2,800         lowered price  $2,600

Tsakiridis Alexander claas A preamp with 2x12at7 tubes.    http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/tsakiridis/tsakiridis_2.html                                                                     $1,500        lowered price   $1,300

Behringer DCX-2496 Ultradrive Pro with all needed balanced cables                                                                                                                      $250        lowered price       $200

Crown Micro-Tech 2402 amp                                                                                     $450       lowered price        $400

If you have any questions send me a PM.

post-27553-0-86360000-1451429942_thumb.j

post-27553-0-83320000-1451429961_thumb.j

post-27553-0-28480000-1451429982_thumb.j

post-27553-0-36680000-1451429999_thumb.j

post-27553-0-23640000-1451430022_thumb.j

post-27553-0-67880000-1451430038_thumb.j

post-27553-0-16640000-1451430056_thumb.j

post-27553-0-19840000-1451430075_thumb.j

Edited by davis419b

pCATS are awesome with Heritage, especially Khorn, speakers. The heat sink mod was necessary for mine, too. I'm so satisfied with them that I've never rolled tubes. I wish I had the extra cash on hand, Don; I'd buy another pr in a heartbeat. Stellar amps. GLWS.

SSH

pCATS are awesome with Heritage, especially Khorn, speakers. The heat sink mod was necessary for mine, too. I'm so satisfied with them that I've never rolled tubes. I wish I had the extra cash on hand, Don; I'd buy another pr in a heartbeat. Stellar amps. GLWS.

SSH.

Thanks SSH ! I agree with you on the quality of these amps .

• 2 months later...

While well worth the asking price IMHO the PCats have no wide reputation since only 5 sets were ever built...as far as I know Mark never sold a set beyond the original special offering which 5 sets were built. He was going to redesign it into a smaller foot print at a lower price point but never got around to it.

Yes I had a set in my shop for a few weeks nice sounding set of Amps..

Edited by NOSValves
  • Like 2

While well worth the asking price IMHO the PCats have no wide reputation since only 5 sets were ever built...as far as I know Mark never sold a set beyond the original special offering which 5 sets were built. He was going to redesign it into a smaller foot print at a lower price point but never got around to it.

Yes I had a set in my shop for a few weeks nice sounding set of Amps..

Actually, Mark did redesign the pCATs and the ones that you see in this ad are the newer version.  The original version is shown below.  I can't remember the exact quantity of the new version that were built, but it was more than he initially planned and was somewhere in the range of 8-12 sets.

IMG_1241.jpg

Edited by JMON

I think you are mistaken the picture you have was Mark's personal proto type pair and the one in this thread was indeed the final and only production version that was ever built and as far as I know 5 sets were the total sold. I could be misinformed but the number 5 came directly from the horses mouth (Mark himself).

I know for an absolute fact the amplifier I had in my shop was identical to the amp for sale in this thread and it was absolutely part of the original intro buy.  

Edited by NOSValves

I think you are mistaken the picture you have was Mark's personal proto type pair and the one in this thread was indeed the final and only production version that was ever built and as far as I know 5 sets were the total sold. I could be misinformed but the number 5 came directly from the horses mouth (Mark himself).

I know for an absolute fact the amplifier I had in my shop was identical to the amp for sale in this thread and it was absolutely part of the original intro buy.  

You could be right.  I'm going mostly on memory which can be a dangerous thing sometimes.

My recollection was that the new design was initially intended to prove to himself if he could build the amps at a lower price point than the original version.  He needed to build at least five (volume pricing I presume) and would give a discount to the first five that took his offer.  Prices for subsequent builds would be at the intended price point after that initial offer.  He ended up getting more than five people taking his offer and ended up honoring it to everyone. 

I have in my posession serial numbers 15 and 16 which came from that initial offer.  I assume that means at least eight sets were built.  I also assume he did not restart the serial numbers with the new design, but that's just a guess on my part.