KP-201 vs HII vs. KP-201II

Dingman

Whew, I know this info used to be here - but now can't find specs on the kp201's.

Basically, I have a nice set of KP201's in walnut, in what I think is a HII configuration.

However, I've read here recently that there is a KP201II with upgraded parts and I'd like to compare all the specs.

I've found the thread talking about how the website is working on getting the specs back but looks like it's been quite awhile, surely those specs are available elsewhere? Surely!

EDIT: I did previously search for kp201 but came up empty - I thought maybe website was missing some old posts as well as specs. But then went back and searched KP201 and got all the old kp201 posts - so I think I can find what I was looking for. Thanks!

post-49933-0-28640000-1451482358_thumb.j

Edited by Dingman
  • Like 1

The KP-201 specs are:

Frequency Response: 60Hz - 20kHz(+-)4dB (-10dB @ 43Hz) @ 3 meters, 1/2 space anechoic SENSITIVITY: 97dB @ 2.83V, 1 meter, 1/2 space anechoic POWER HANDLING: 100 watts (23.7V) MAX CONTINUOUS OUTPUT: 115dB NOMINAL IMPEDANCE: 8 ohms, 4.5 ohms minimum at 550Hz CROSSOVER FREQUENCY: 550Hz and 6kHz INPUT CONNECTIONS: Red/black five-way binding posts and Neutrik Speakon® NL-4 COVERAGE ANGLE: 90(o) Horizontal x 60(o) Vertical DIRECTIVITY INDEX: 8dB (+-)2dB DIMENSIONS: 21.8" (55.4cm) x 15.875" (40.5cm) x 13.25" (33.6cm) WEIGHT: 38 lbs. (17.3kg) Built From: 2001 BUILT UNTIL:  

I have a pair, and previously discussed them in a thread. The pdf spec sheets are at this post:  https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/topic/152903-kp-201-question/?p=1791717

Mine look just like yours except they have factory installed eyelets for hanging - two on the top and one on the rear. Love them!

Does anyone know how to get a pair of the metal grills, I'm in the process of getting the pieces together to build a set of HIP's. (Sorry for putting this here, I don't mean to step on anyone's thread, just didn't know where to put this question.)

Edited by Jeff Penley