Another F-20 Build

Pete H

I used Peavey Low Rider 18's and a Behringer EP-4000.  I have all the rest of the plans and cut sheets if you need them.

What kind of response range on those?

The response is determined by the cabinet.  I think it was tuned to 32 Hz but not positive.  The cabinets were designed to have the speakers tweeter about ear height when standing.

Wow Pete you moved fast on this one can't wait to see the finished product.

Much quicker having built the jig already and the fact that it was the second one and it will be painted, so more fasteners and less pocket screwing and clamping for sure. 

• Like 1

Come on Pete wee need more pics! I would like to see that stabilizer thingy you are going to build for your equipment. I ordered some stuff got mine yesterday.

I just got back from delivering the other sub to my buddy in Pa. so it will be a few days of catching up at the office, before I can dive back into mine, but the pictures will come.

Just had to post this.  I observed in a prior post that I had the gain way up when I initially was running the sub and I'm not sure if it was a break in deal with the driver or what, but I hooked everything back up this weekend and now the gain is set to about half of what it was initially.  Everything got moved around and the 250's are at standing ear level for the horns (it's a shop and I'm always standing and working) in the corners about 20' apart with the F-20 in the middle and the sound is pretty incredible with no indication of where all that bass is coming from.  I'm happier with every hour of listening but rattled 2 sections of gutter off the shop. :o Still finalizing the final entertainment component of this before it goes inside but there is absolutely no question as to how it's going to perform as well as how weak the SPUD is when compared to the F-20.  IMHO the SPUD has little or no application for music, just HT.

Great build , loving this design. I have to keep telling myself no more subs, no more subs. Hey wait the BIL could use one for his shop?

Suggest joining CECAA850's 12 Step program for withdrawal from the desire to cut wood.  Hasn't worked for him, but hope springs eternal...

Dave

• Like 1

Great build , loving this design. I have to keep telling myself no more subs, no more subs. Hey wait the BIL could use one for his shop?

Suggest joining CECAA850's 12 Step program for withdrawal from the desire to cut wood.  Hasn't worked for him, but hope springs eternal...

Dave

This forum would produce many members for that program.  Just last night I decided I would end up building another one of these for the shop.

Dave

This forum would produce many members for that program.  Just last night I decided I would end up building another one of these for the shop.

I can quit anytime I want to.

Suggest joining CECAA850's 12 Step program for withdrawal from the desire to cut wood. Hasn't worked for him, but hope springs eternal...

Dave

This forum would produce many members for that program. Just last night I decided I would end up building another one of these for the shop.

I can quit anytime I want to.

• 1 month later...

Finally a few updates to the finish.  I wasn't going to bore you with the whole prep and paint process but suffice it to say that it took a while to prep, fill, sand, prime, spray..............................it's painting, it sucked.

post-32129-0-97040000-1459462582_thumb.j

The F-20 and equipment rack are both on HD casters so things can be easily moved out and around for hooking up, cleaning and changing equipment.  Skirt boards will float about 1/4" above the floor.