Bluetooth In-Ceiling Speakers? Help

Ave Bona Cornwall

I don't have any experience with using Bluetooth for wireless speaker systems.  I have a friend who is asking for advice since I set up his home theater.  He is now building an indoor half-court basketball court and wants speakers in the ceiling.

Any good recommendations for in self powered ceiling speakers that use Bluetooth?  He doesn't want a receiver to operate the speakers.  This is completely beyond my expertise level.  I'm sure he'll need them to be powerful since it is a large open area and the speakers will be well above the floor, using only 4 speakers (Think high cathedral ceiling, 1/2 court wide enough for 3 point shooting).

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Ave Bona Cornwall

Top ceiling seems legit.
He doesn´t need a full receiver then, if he just need bluetooth, he should get 2 stereo AMPs (or 4 mono) or whatever is avaliabe and for bluetooth support, you could
buy a bluetooth dongle, wich get the music streamed. I used such a bluetooth dongle on my old AMP, its not that bad and probably more than enough for his needs.

• 4 weeks later...

Whether you are using bluetooth or an amp of some sort, you will still have wires going into the speakers. It will be either speaker wire from the amp or a power cord. Here is a bluetooth stereo little T-amp for 100 bucks. http://www.parts-express.com/lepai-lp7498e-200w-class-d-stereo-amplifier-with-bluetooth-aptx-and-power-supply--310-298

Actually, you could use an AVR to power the speakers. You could then have DNLA, Appletalk, Bluetooth, AM, FM, and be able to plug any smartphone into the RCA inputs. I'm thinking something like $300-400 should get you what you need. Any Klipsch ceiling speakers would work.