What a great way to start a new year! Klipsch RP-160M's ....

joeinid

Hi there!

I´m having a really hard time finding reviews of these Klipsch RP-150/160M and I had to create an account here to ask for some input. I´m looking around for a new pair of bookshelf speakers, and here in Portugal it´s nearly impossible to listen to anything from Klipsch, but I´m fairly interested in these models from the Reference lineup. I´m really glad I stumbled this post as the RP-160 are compared with the LS-50! Are the Klipschs too far away from the Kefs regarding soundstage width, depth, image specificity, coherence?

The RP-150M seem like a tremendous value at 370€ a pair in a spanish webstore, and I´m willing to try something different from the norm, such as Monitor Audio, Wharfedale, Tannoy...

Lookwise, they look stunning! :D

p.s.: I hope I´m not thread jacking, and please excuse my poor english writing skills!

I would also like to know how the RP-160 compares to the KEF LS50. I'm considering grabbing a pair this summer.

I have to be honest. I've had my LS-50 one or two days before I received my Klipsch speakers. I hooked up my Klipsch speakers and never looked back. I don't even remember what the KEF LS-50 sound like. I need to hook them up and revisit the KEF speakers.

The LS50 need a lot more power to sing, so I guess I've been focused on my lower powered amps and enjoying the heck out of my Klipsch speakers. Do I remember the LS50 being a little more "refined"? Yes, probably a little more audiophile in all areas but really what strikes me is how fun, enjoyable and amazing the Klipsch speakers sound. I am talking about the RP-160, RB-75 and even the P17b are so awesome, I can not bear to tear myself away from them.

I will promise to come back to the LS50 once and for all and make some mental notes on performance. Right now, dollar for dollar, Klipsch KILLS !!!!!

Hi there!

I´m having a really hard time finding reviews of these Klipsch RP-150/160M and I had to create an account here to ask for some input. I´m looking around for a new pair of bookshelf speakers, and here in Portugal it´s nearly impossible to listen to anything from Klipsch, but I´m fairly interested in these models from the Reference lineup. I´m really glad I stumbled this post as the RP-160 are compared with the LS-50! Are the Klipschs too far away from the Kefs regarding soundstage width, depth, image specificity, coherence?

The RP-150M seem like a tremendous value at 370€ a pair in a spanish webstore, and I´m willing to try something different from the norm, such as Monitor Audio, Wharfedale, Tannoy...

p.s.: I hope I´m not thread jacking, and please excuse my poor english writing skills!

Hi there!

I would also like to know how the RP-160 compares to the KEF LS50. I'm considering grabbing a pair this summer.

• Like 1