New Theater in an Old House

spezjag

Wow - even having soaked the old, nasty padding and adhesive with the solvent for several hours (per the instructions), it is tough work scraping that mess off the concrete floor. There are patches that I think will require another soak tomorrow.

The good news is that I have received the radiant heat materials, and once the electricians clean up the existing wiring, I am confident that I can make good progress in framing, wiring, and installing the pocket doors.

Edited by spezjag

The outlets are extra's that my brother in law had left over (electrician). I think they are hospital grade. Got them for free! I liked that they were orange so I could tell the wife "honey....nothing EVER goes into the orange, ok???!!)

I am not an electrician.  All the orange outlets I ever saw were usually in rooms with computers, like a computer lab.  The orange outlets indicated an independent ground for  each outlet, so one surge into the ground would not affect all the other computers.

And "yes" 104 outlets goes into my book as "overkill." 

The good kind, of course.  B)

The nasty forty year old padding is almost all up. The ancient glue is taking a far greater effort to pull up, even with copious soaking with the Henry's solvent. In turn, this has put back the next visit by the electrician to clean up the wiring. I re-looked at it in the hope that I could start the framing before then, but upon further consideration realized that the electric clean up really is a critical path to the next step.

Bummer.