Klipsch Stadium broken and unresponsive

dtximages

On 12/31/2015 at 4:54 PM, ZEUS121996 said:

Bummer,

I heard you don't win any popularity contests in Hope

And most of us really don't care what you think  :o  :o  :o 

Mark

Well, his sig does say "I'm snarky with a cranky edge"...In my opinion it's more like cranky with a snarky edge... 😄

• 1 year later...

Got the fix!!!

Ive been trying several fixes but non actually worked. I found out that connecting a smart plug to the Klipsh Stadium fixes the problem. 

Whenever i want to use the Stadium, i just turn it on with Homekit and then connect thru BT. No need to press any button at all! Has been working 100% of the times so far :).

So happy of having my Stadium back! 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/7/2022 at 8:48 PM, diego_va said:

Got the fix!!!

Ive been trying several fixes but non actually worked. I found out that connecting a smart plug to the Klipsh Stadium fixes the problem. 

Whenever i want to use the Stadium, i just turn it on with Homekit and then connect thru BT. No need to press any button at all! Has been working 100% of the times so far :).

So happy of having my Stadium back! 

Wow, does this really work? Did you also have the problem of the blinking WiFI light and the stadium being completely unresponsive? If so, that's amazing you found a fix! But so odd, I don't understand how a smart plug could help.

Could you share a link to the exact smart plug you bought?

Has anyone else tried this?

I would still be interested in a hard wire solution...

edit:

I just read this:

'There's also a USB input for charging of most portable music sources and wired iDevice music playback, with both an Optical Digital and Dual RCA analog inputs to connect other devices.'

they just dont come up for sale that often anymore.

2 hours ago, Freighter said:

Wow, does this really work? Did you also have the problem of the blinking WiFI light and the stadium being completely unresponsive? If so, that's amazing you found a fix! But so odd, I don't understand how a smart plug could help.

Could you share a link to the exact smart plug you bought?

Has anyone else tried this?

I had also the blinking orange wifi issue and this solution also solves that problem. 

The plug I used is: https://www.amazon.com/compatible-SmartThings-aplicaciones-temporizador-concentrador/dp/B084JD86NT?ref_=ast_sto_dp

21 hours ago, diego_va said:

I had also the blinking orange wifi issue and this solution also solves that problem. 

The plug I used is: https://www.amazon.com/compatible-SmartThings-aplicaciones-temporizador-concentrador/dp/B084JD86NT?ref_=ast_sto_dp

Update: I also purchased a HomeKit smart plug. Unfortunately for me it didn’t help. The Stadium shows the exact same fast blinking orange light using the smart plug as when connected to any other socket.

My theory is that maybe your unit hasn’t completely failed yet. In the early days of my Stadium the orange blinking light problem would sometimes go away - this was also related to power cycling. Sometimes unplugging it, leaving it for an hour or so, and plugging it back in would fix it, and other times it wouldn’t.

My guess is that your unit is currently still in ‘that’ state (power cycling sometimes fixes it) and that’s why connecting it to the smart plug seems to have fixed it.

However for your sake I hope you’re wrong and that this fixes the problem permanently for you!

• 4 months later...

Hi there mine also does the blue rapid flashing every time there is a power outage I bought a battery backup but when the outage is too long the battery backup dies and the unit come back into the same situation..... What is been working for me is I unplugged the unit at least 2 weeks and then when you plug it back in it starts flashing and then after a few seconds goes away with a beep and it start running normal

• 2 months later...

Update: after a few months I decided to give it a try again in the garage. To my surprise the Stadium turned on, the wifi light started blinking orange for about 10 seconds, then turned solid orange and... it worked! I could AirPlay to it using my phone, it sounded great and worked perfectly. However since I wanted it in the house, not the garage, I moved it and... well, in the house it stopped working again. Back to the blinking orange wifi problem. I tried it again in the garage one more time and now there it also had the same problem again.

However it does give a little extra information; namely that it's not completely bricked. All the components on it *can* sort of work, since it's actually functioned (if ever so briefly) correctly earlier today. I however have no idea what component might be causing this extremely inconsistent behaviour. Based on forum post it seems like some other users keeping it off the power for a long time (weeks) and plugging it back in can cause it to temporarily start working again. Does anybody with some electronics knowledge have an idea what component might be the culprit?

I have renewed hope that this speaker might be repairable. I've asked Klipsch support for technical schematics for an audio repair shop three times and they never come through, I always get a canned FAQ style response about resetting the unit. @Chad Mods, would it be possible to ask around internally and share the technical schematics so that I, and other disappointed and abandoned, Stadium owners could try and find a solution? If some of the engineers that worked on it are still available internally and they could share their opinion and advice and the subject that of course would be even better.

5 minutes ago, billybob said:

Someone not on this page posted within last month or 2 about some success. Forgot what. Do a search of full forum , keyword stadium @Freighter

I'm sorry I can't find anything. Do you mean the 'smart plug' fix? I tried that and it didn't work for me. Besides that I can only find posts with similar experiences like mine, namely that it sometimes temporarily works after it's been powered off for a long time (weeks).

Do you happen to remember roughly what that post was about?

10 minutes ago, Freighter said:

I'm sorry I can't find anything. Do you mean the 'smart plug' fix? I tried that and it didn't work for me. Besides that I can only find posts with similar experiences like mine, namely that it sometimes temporarily works after it's been powered off for a long time (weeks).

Do you happen to remember roughly what that post was about?

No just success. If you want to make certain about contacting moderators, tag a couple of them. You can also start a new topic fwiw.

Edit: See now your thread.

Edited by billybob

• 2 months later...
On 10/25/2022 at 1:58 AM, abelgsx said:

Hi there mine also does the blue rapid flashing every time there is a power outage I bought a battery backup but when the outage is too long the battery backup dies and the unit come back into the same situation..... What is been working for me is I unplugged the unit at least 2 weeks and then when you plug it back in it starts flashing and then after a few seconds goes away with a beep and it start running normal

Hi, my unit is doing the same. Bluetooth light flashing rapidly in blue. Unit is totally irresponsible. I have tried unplugging, reset with 2 buttons, conecting USB cable to lighting in my iphone, rca with analogic source and still a heavy brick of 2 k€. No service in Europe. 

I know something about electronics but I can't understand how using a smart plug or UPS, it can work. If this happens is because there is a power supply issue, but smart plugs do not modify the current wave, frecuency, etc. They just have a RELE and go on/off. The unit works with DC and internal power supply justs converts 220 AC (110 in US) into lower DC current. I have considered a possible issue with power supply. Somekind of problem with power transistor or diode bridge not producing proper tension to the mother board and pre-amp. But before opening the unit I would like to check other reasons. 

Anyone who could solve this problem with a technical response or repair?

Thank you all in advance for your feedback and suppor