3 channel the old fashion way

jvs1670

I did this a few years back. Rolls makes a small mixer that works like PWK's circuit and mixes stereo to mono. Just add an amp and you get a summed mono center. Had a La Scala between two widely spaced K-horns and this setup worked well. A modern ht receiver will do it easier and better though.

I did this a few years back. Rolls makes a small mixer that works like PWK's circuit and mixes stereo to mono. Just add an amp and you get a summed mono center. Had a La Scala between two widely spaced K-horns and this setup worked well. A modern ht receiver will do it easier and better though.

So I would be wasting my time, is that the general consensus of others who tried it as well?  

Yeah, I would think a modern receiver would work better, because instead of combining all the data from the L&R channels, it would only present data that is already shared between channels.

This would leave left and right signals exclusive to the left and right speakers.

So I would be wasting my time, is that the general consensus of others who tried it as well?  

You are not wasting tour time but technology has moved on and made it easier and more effective than the old solution. IMO