Talk me out of not buying a 4 door Jeep Rubicon

Max2

and buying a 4 Door F-150 ecoboost.  

I am a Ford guy and I wouldn't buy anything smaller than a 3/4 ton F-250. I just don't consider a F-150 anything more than a truck wanna be!

I also don't get the opposite ends of the spectrum as the Rubicon is top of the food chain in Jeep off-roading, and an F-150 definitely isn't for off roading.

If you would consider used, H1 Hummers are at that age were they are cheap in price and will only climb in value as the kids who drooled come of age to have extra liquid assets. My best friend and his brother both owned H1s when they were new and it is a hell of a lot more off road vehicle than a Jeep.

As far as the Rubicon, why a 4 door??

Roger

• Like 2

Jeep is owned now by Fiat.... Enough said.

Longest lasting truck i had was a F150 with the last of the 5.0, 3 speed trans & lockers front & rear.

Still hate Ford as well so buy a Chevy.

A gas engine will never hold up in mileage/longevity against a diesel and you need at least an F-250 for that :)

Roger

• Like 1

The same group also owns Ferrari and Maserati but you don't hear people whining about that.  

The Jeep transmissions are actually the same ones that were in $750,000 Mercedes supercars.  

I have zero complaints about mine other than the tire pressure gauge is finnicky.  

1607029_10152202478069401_91993271187208

• Like 5

Longest lasting truck i had was a F150 with the last of the 5.0, 3 speed trans & lockers front & rear.

Still hate Ford as well so buy a Chevy.

A gas engine will never hold up in mileage/longevity against a diesel and you need at least an F-250 for that :)

Roger

Agree but the only work i did after 225,000 miles was a transfer case chain, valve cover gaskets, EGR valve & thermostat.

Used only for hauling & heavy work the whole time.

Steering box became loose & rust ate up the body.

It had to go.

• Like 2

Because they're awesome.  Unless you're going to scratch it all up every weekend on stupid tight woods trails where you need the tightest turning ratio possible, there's no need for a two door.  If you're worried about breakover angle, then lift it and put bigger tires on.  They're more stable and look better when you do that vs. the 2 door anyway.  

The same group also owns Ferrari and Maserati but you don't hear people whining about that.  

The Jeep transmissions are actually the same ones that were in $750,000 Mercedes supercars.  

I have zero complaints about mine other than the tire pressure gauge is finnicky.  

1607029_10152202478069401_91993271187208

Ferrari & Maserati are hardly what one would call a buy and drive car.

• Like 1

Damn  that pressure gauge!

If it's anything but 37 psi it will light up a warning light on the dash.  But, we swapped tires to BFG KO2's instead of the mud terrains and now its on even if its perfect.  Need to research it, not sure what to do.  

Edited by MetropolisLakeOutfitters

Because they're awesome.  Unless you're going to scratch it all up every weekend on stupid tight woods trails where you need the tightest turning ratio possible, there's no need for a two door.  If you're worried about breakover angle, then lift it and put bigger tires on.  They're more stable and look better when you do that vs. the 2 door anyway.  

That blue Rubicon sure is pretty, but in my opinion, it is absolutely retarded to buy a Rubicon if you are not planning on abusing it. Kind of like all those idiots that had Vettes when I was a kid and drove them like they were driving a Rolls Royce :(

My buddies had $4,500 self mapping GPS systems with flat screens the size of your PC monitor to go down to Sothern Ohio. You can go back in for 50 miles down there so it pays if you want to play. My one buddy even had a tug of war where he drug a Semi Tractor across the lot with his H-1

Roger

Edited by twistedcrankcammer

Damn  that pressure gauge!

If it's anything but 37 psi it will light up a warning light on the dash.  But, we swapped tires to BFG KO2's instead of the mud terrains and now its on even if its perfect.  Need to research it, not sure what to do.  

H-1 with CTIS has bead locking rims and you can put whatever pressure you want in it on the fly.

Roger

I've owned a 1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9 Limited since new. 240,000 miles and still going strong. Only year they did a 5.9 L was the '98

3 sets of tires, 4 water pumps, 2 power steering pumps, 1 alternator, 5 batteries, motor mounts, radiator fan, new axle and rear end but other than that, it's been great..... B)

Just

Empty

Every

Pocket

• Like 3

It matters little who the parent company has been in the past... A Jaguar is still a Jaguar, tho admittedly some welcomed improvements occurred under Ford stewardship. You have to own one to appreciate them, the quirks are worth the experience of not owning a cookie cutter automobile.