Talk me out of not buying a 4 door Jeep Rubicon

Max2

you are correct in all your points except trying to say the RAZR's are superior to full sized rigs. The RAZRs excel in certain areas, while full sized rigs excel in others.

Typically on every trail ride you'll often see bigger rigs looking just like your second video, with them mostly going slow and otherwise struggling to make it up some stupid hill or whatever by either gassing it or teetering in a white knuckle effort to not flip. Take that same stuff and a RZR will usually make it look like absolute cake walk, its just not even challenging, its almost humorous.

IMO, the full sized rigs are more useful, more comfortable and just can do more things than a RAZR. Maybe this is a result of younger vs. older levels of excitement?

I've had plenty of full size rigs including an actual rock crawler. You should ride a RZR sometime if you think they're less comfortable. The 1000's have 16" of wheel travel, stock, due to long travel shocks with a huge remote reservoir. The end result is that you can hit a significant ditch going way faster than you think you'd survive by hitting, and you just hear a "thunk thunk" and some high pitched sounds from the shock valves letting oil through, and that's it, you can't hardly even feel it, it's the weirdest thing. A typical truck/jeep going off road has to putt around in low gear and even then every little rock jarrs the entire rig. It's a completely different experience.

Four wheelers are a different story, especially swingarm models. The back and forth motion will just wear you out. Still more capable on most everything except extreme rocks and burying it in the mud than a full sized rig.

Edited by MetropolisLakeOutfitters

you are correct in all your points except trying to say the RAZR's are superior to full sized rigs. The RAZRs excel in certain areas, while full sized rigs excel in others.

Typically on every trail ride you'll often see bigger rigs looking just like your second video, with them mostly going slow and otherwise struggling to make it up some stupid hill or whatever by either gassing it or teetering in a white knuckle effort to not flip. Take that same stuff and a RZR will usually make it look like absolute cake walk, its just not even challenging, its almost humorous.

IMO, the full sized rigs are more useful, more comfortable and just can do more things than a RAZR. Maybe this is a result of younger vs. older levels of excitement?

I've had plenty of full size rigs including an actual rock crawler. You should ride a RZR sometime if you think they're less comfortable. The 1000's have 16" of wheel travel, stock, due to long travel shocks with a huge remote reservoir. The end result is that you can hit a significant ditch going way faster than you think you'd survive by hitting, and you just hear a "thunk thunk" and some high pitched sounds from the shock valves letting oil through, and that's it, you can't hardly even feel it, it's the weirdest thing. A typical truck/jeep going off road has to putt around in low gear and even then every little rock jarrs the entire rig. It's a completely different experience.

Four wheelers are a different story, especially swingarm models. The back and forth motion will just wear you out. Still more capable on most everything except extreme rocks and burying it in the mud than a full sized rig.

Sounds like you know your stuff, and I'm thinking that since I haven't ridden in a RZR, then I shouldn't be speaking so boldly. You are correct, my rig is a slow-go thru obstacles.

• Like 1

KLIPSCH DISCUSSION BOARD - TOPICS WHICH SHALT NOT BE DISCUSSED

1. Politics
  2. Religion
  3. High end cables
  4. High End Crossover components
  5. Passive Bi-amping and bi-wiring
  6. Crossover Break-in
  7. Woofer Break-in
  8. Off Road vehicles???  :blink:

:rolleyes:   B)   :emotion-14:

Edited by wvu80
  • Like 2

I had an old 800 RZR and it was a lot of fun. I put over 1000 miles on it working the rocky horse trails in the Ozarks.  Each year it got used less and less, kind of like the way the toys go.   Anyway, my cousin has a 1000 RZR and its on a different level by 10 fold.   It does indeed have an impressive ride over horribly rough terrain and you can do it at 40mph and not spill your drink.  It also has tons of power. It sounds like a super bike when you're into it.  Whatever I get will not be off roaded, Im just too old to tear stuff up anymore. Im pretty OCD about keeping something clean and looking new. I need to just buy a nice grandpa truck and call it good. 

• Like 1

I had an old 800 RZR and it was a lot of fun. I put over 1000 miles on it working the rocky horse trails in the Ozarks.  Each year it got used less and less, kind of like the way the toys go.   Anyway, my cousin has a 1000 RZR and its on a different level by 10 fold.   It does indeed have an impressive ride over horribly rough terrain and you can do it at 40mph and not spill your drink.  It also has tons of power. It sounds like a super bike when you're into it.  Whatever I get will not be off roaded, Im just too old to tear stuff up anymore. Im pretty OCD about keeping something clean and looking new. I need to just buy a nice grandpa truck and call it good. 

You wont keep the girls in your avatar smiling talkin like that!  :)

Roger

• 1 month later...

What's that front bumper? White is the best color, especially with the color matched top. My favorite is actually the white Artic edition, comes solid white but with blacked out wheels.

I've been trying to pay attention to the different ride on ours after renting 3 different cars on vacation. It seems that hitting bumps and whatnot is actually often smoother than a car, especially big bumps, but what some people may not like is that it constantly bounces, even when there's not a bump in the road. You're just riding down the road and it's kind of bumping you up and down, gently, but sometimes enough that you can feel it in your gut. It's just not as violent like a car when you hit a pothole, plus general road manners like hitting curves is just perfectly acceptable to me especially considering what it is. The old ones are wayyyy worse.

Edited by MetropolisLakeOutfitters

Like anything, your choice of vehicle should suit your needs. We have been driving an 08 Sahara Wrangler (pure stock), since we bought it in 08. Perfect for our location and lifestyle. I have found (up here anyway), it is the Sahara not the Rubicon version that guys are always seeking. Particularly if they are planning on building them up.

IMG_2049.jpg

• Like 1