DaddyDee, RIP

Tony Reed

A man of peace gone to rest.  We had many, many discussions off line about spiritual matters.  Dee was a saintly man.

Lord, you now have set your servant free *
   to go in peace as you have promised;

For these eyes of mine have seen the Savior, *
   whom you have prepared for all the world to see:

A Light to enlighten the nations, *
   and the glory of your people Israel.

Glory to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit: *
   as it was in the beginning, is now, and will be for ever. Amen

• Like 6

I'm so sorry to hear this.  I feel fortunate to have actually met him.  May he rest in peace.

This is just another reason for everyone to try and make it to the gathering.  Without events like this, I never would have had the honor of meeting Dee.

• Like 3

Dee was my first and best friend on this forum.  He and Jan were so kind and trusting to accept me, then my family and me, into their home at Klipsch pilgrimages to Arkansas.  He only loved.

My deepest condolences to Jan and the girls.  He no longer makes trips around the sun.  He's now making his trip to the Son.  He'll be welcomed with open arms.

I miss you, my friend.

Gregg

• Like 3

What a sweet sweet man - I remember him from my first Pilgrimage to Hope. He was always friendly and supportive of those in need. Never a complaint. I can hear his gentle voice in my head just now... 

We lost one of the truly good guys. Condolences to Tony, family, and all in our community who had the pleasure to have known him. 

• Like 4

It is sad to see the passing of a forum member. First Old Buckster, then Boxx & now Daddy Dee. Each loss has lessened our community.  My condolences to the family. Judging by the comments of the members who had met him, it sounds like Daddy Dee was an outstanding person. RIP.

• Like 3

• Moderators

I'm so sorry to hear this.  I feel fortunate to have actually met him.  May he rest in peace.

This is just another reason for everyone to try and make it to the gathering.  Without events like this, I never would have had the honor of meeting Dee.

To know Dee, was to love him.  One of the most kind, gentle, loving people I have ever had the privilege of meeting.

Without events like the Pilgrimage/Gatherings/Get Togethers I would never have been blessed with meeting so many incredible people.

I could not agree more with Carl.  This is one of the best reasons for attending these Pilgrimages/Gatherings.  I want to thank those of you that personally messaged me to extend your thoughts and prayers to me yesterday and today, it means a lot.

It is incredibly difficult for me to put into words how much the friendships we have made here mean to us.   The lifelong friendships we have formed have no boundaries by the miles between us.  Seeing our friends every year is truly like a family reunion where you actually like all of those in attendance.

Dee formed many of those friendships through the years.  I hope he remains ever present with us as a testament to how we should treat each other.

• Like 4