DaddyDee, RIP

Tony Reed

Sitting here in my shop tonight testing out a new pair of speakers I have just finished building today.  Over the years, many times Dee would come up here to listen to whatever new speakers there might be in the shop.  He always wanted to hear "Soolaimon" by Neil Diamond.  Playing that for you now on this new set of speakers Dee.

Bob Crites

• Like 9

• Moderators

Announcement from family.

Friends, our family is so thankful for all the love and care you have shown our family through the years.

With a heavy heart, we are sad to share that our much beloved (dad, husband, grandfather, uncle, brother, friend) Dee passed away Sunday night, January 3rd.

Friday evening, January 8th, we are gathering to

celebrate his life on his birthday. Friends and

family are welcome to join 6pm-9pm.

Whole Hog Cafe North Little Rock

5107 Warden Rd

The Memorial service will be held Saturday

morning, January 9th, at 10am.

First United Methodist Church

6701 J.F.K. Blvd, North Little Rock, AR 72116

Thoughts and prayers are most appreciated. In lieu of flowers, the family requests gifts be given in memory of Brother Dee to these ministries:

UofA Wesley foundation (http://uawesley.com/) - Making our house a home

Gillett UMC building fund

DeLuce/Prairie Union UMC ministry

Edited by dtel's wife
  • Like 3

Oh man...he wasn't too far from me apparently.  So sorry to hear of his passing.  As mentioned earlier, this is the part I dislike about getting older and, it's like my grandparents used to say. "you know when you're getting older when you attend more funerals than birthday parties".  

My condolences to the family.  R.I.P.

• Like 2

This is sad news and my condolences to those who were fortunate to spend time in the flesh with DaddyDee. I've met him on a couple of occasions but only spoke briefly in person because he always had a following...That said, I really enjoyed my MANY conversations with him online and most seemed to be on topics that had nothing to do with speakers....RIP my friend and I will miss you reminding people the value of their lives by traveling around the sun on any given year.

Sitting here in my shop tonight testing out a new pair of speakers I have just finished building today.  Over the years, many times Dee would come up here to listen to whatever new speakers there might be in the shop.  He always wanted to hear "Soolaimon" by Neil Diamond.  Playing that for you now on this new set of speakers Dee.

Bob Crites

What Neil had to say about this song: "Originally written for an extended piece ('The African Trilogy'), 'Soolaimon' took on a life of its own when it was presented to a live audience. The title is meant to be a variation of the word 'Salamah' meaning, 'Hello' and 'Welcome' as well as 'Good-bye' and Peace be with you,' in many languages."

Peace be with YOU Dee!!!

My prayers for Dee's family .... Though I never met Dee in person, I met him and remain enriched through the kindnesses of his many posts. You will be missed, Dee, by all of us. You made us a better online community and better people.

Billy

• Like 1

Condolences to Tony, his family and other friends.  I had the pleasure of meeting and getting to know Dee, and as other have said, he was truly one of the nicest and genuine people I have ever met.  It's hard to think we will not be seeing Dee again at some future Pilgrimage.  Very sad indeed.