MWM connections

Marvel

If I am hooking these to a single amp channel, how are these wired? MWM with two K43 woofers. Thanks...

Bruce

Bruce,

They have them wired in Parallel. Leave the jumper in place and only run one channel of amplification to the positive and negative of the same speaker. 

Preferably, you will want an amplifier with 400 watts RMS per channel that does not mind impedance dips to drive one MWM double bin like that. :)

OR, what kind of amp do you have to work with and are you only powering one MWM double bin???

Roger

Edited by twistedcrankcammer

Roger,
I have a pair of bins we got from JWC to use at our school for our music dept. We don't have tops, but Coytee loaned a single K510/K69 to try out, hence the trying only one. These would be used in a high ceiling classroom with risers.

I am understanding then that these are 4 ohm drivers running in parallel... Is that correct? I'll have to rethink this a bit. I want to demo this, even a single side, so the dept. chair can understand they don't necessarily have to be loud or sound like a p.a. system.

Right now, they play music for the chorale, approx. 80 people and trying to use a couple Polks with 8 inch woofers and dome tweets. They blew up a set last year.

First, I'll be trying he K510 combo on some LS, but I have to cut a baffle for an easier woofer attachment.

Bruce

Edited by Marvel

First, I'll be trying he K510 combo on some LS, but I have to cut a baffle for an easier woofer attachment.

Pardon the confused look but huh?

cut a baffle for an easier woofer attachment?

When I tried it on top of the Jubilee, I just set it on top.  Could you not just set it on top of the LaScala?

I guess I'm missing something. (which wouldn't be new!)

:)  

Richard,

My LS had non spec woofers (mid horns and tweeters as well) in them when I got them, and one is a clone. The clone had the woofer installed with wood screws. I am finishing up a motorboard with t-nuts that I can attach the woofer to and then slide the whole thing into place and tighten down.

I will certainly just be placing the K510 on top of the cabinet to try it out. This week has been kind of nuts, but hopefully I'll get it done by this weekend and have some music playing before Sunday night.

Bruce

Id pull the speaker(s), couple screws no big deal, then i would know if they are even hooked up!

Keep in mind when i pulled apart one of my MWMs, one of the wires was NOT soldered and hanging.

That means in came from the theater that way, and that also means a Klipsch employee was having an "Off Day"!

There are separate outlets for each woofer for testing purposes. Early pro MWM and the KP600 carried on in this tradition. Yes leave the + and - jumpered together, hook up one lead from amp to one + and one -  that's all there is to it. Sit back and enjoy the most effortless low end you've ever heard! 

These are manufactured with the barrier strip on the outside of the speaker and lug terminals since they are normally used in fixed (cinema or club) installations. 

• Like 1