Need some suggestions.

Aceman21

Hello everyone, new guy here looking for some help. I'd like to up grade my speakers that are very old lol. I have a VSX-23 receiver, and a klipsch center channel. I'm not sure what fronts to pick, I've been looking around at some new an used speakers but I'm not to sure what ones would be better. There's not many places that sell speakers around where I live so it's hard to hear them. I've seen some RF800B, RF82 and I'm not sure if theyre the ii or just the rf82. Plus I've seen what ever bestbuy has to offer.

First off, welcome to the forum.

A few questions so that we can better help you spend your money!

What's your budget?

How big is your room?

Movies, music, games...what will they be used for?

Open to used or strictly new?

Location?

Which model klipsch center channel do you have?

Any non-budgetary constraints (size, color, wife acceptance, etc)?

Sorry for the litany but the answers will help us to help you find what you need.

• Like 1

What's your budget?

How big is your room?

Location?

Sorry for the litany but the answers will help us to help you find what you need.

I there, I live in Canada so the prices are much different :( I'm looking somewhere around 800-1000 to start. Not too sure of the room size, it's pretty much a bed room turned into a tv room till I move. I'd have to say mostly movies, but I do listen to music and play some games. I'm leaning towards used for now as I still need to get a sub and upgrade the rears as well. I think the center is a RC-25 if I remember correctly.

Thanks for the help

This would be a great fit if you are willing to get away from tower speakers. You could also add towers later and move these to surround duty for 7.1

I think he has shipped to Canada before but not positive.

https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/topic/161298-rp-160-50-ht-for-800/

Edited by Tasdom

Without knowing the used market in Canada...some general advice.

If you want to keep your RC25, then you'll probably want to look for some RF25 fronts...if you can find them.

The rf82 that you mentioned would be a solid option and its matching center is the RC62.

There are lots of other great options out there depending what you can find used. Some of the larger KG, KLF, CF, and other RF speakers would be good places to start.

As you see what's out there, let us know what you're finding and we can give you more advice. There are also several members from Canada that might provide some better market advice. Good luck!

If you want to keep your RC25, then you'll probably want to look for some RF25 fronts...if you can find them.

The rf82 that you mentioned would be a solid option and its matching center is the RC62.

There are lots of other great options out there depending what you can find used. Some of the larger KG, KLF, CF, and other RF speakers would be good places to start.

As you see what's out there, let us know what you're finding and we can give you more advice. There are also several members from Canada that might provide some better market advice. Good luck!

Thank you :) I have seen some rf800b and some rf82 for sale around me. The rf800b are about 20$ more. Is there a major difference between the 2 ?

What's your budget?

How big is your room?

Location?

I there, I live in Canada so the prices are much different :( I'm looking somewhere around 800-1000 to start. Not too sure of the room size, it's pretty much a bed room turned into a tv room till I move. I'd have to say mostly movies, but I do listen to music and play some games. I'm leaning towards used for now as I still need to get a sub and upgrade the rears as well. I think the center is a RC-25 if I remember correctly.

Thanks for the help

Where are you located? I might be getting rid of my RF-35's/RC-35, I'm in Alberta

Edited by ClintonH

Thank you :) I have seen some rf800b and some rf82 for sale around me. The rf800b are about 20$ more. Is there a major difference between the 2 ?

From what I can tell, the RF800b is simply the Canadian designation for the American RF-82. They appear to be identical and are truly excellent models!

I personally prefer the sound of the older RF-25 and RF-35, and both would match the voicing of your RC-25 a bit better than an RF-82 would.

However, if your purchasing options are limited, don't let voice matching stop you from buying the excellent RF-82's.

This would be a great fit if you are willing to get away from tower speakers. You could also add towers later and move these to surround duty for 7.1

I think he has shipped to Canada before but not positive.

https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/topic/161298-rp-160-50-ht-for-800/

thanks Tasdom!

No i have not shipped to Canada. Yes I've sold gear to a few guys in Canada. They all lived close enough the border I'm guessing they had me ship to some kind of service that supplies a us mailing address them they went down and picked them up at their leisure. I will do that no problem. Mine obviously aren't towers. And you already have a center. This setup is the latest and greatest however and basically brand spanking new and I'm offering a killer price. Can't believe someone hasn't snagged these yet. Guessing only reason is on this forum most guys want way bigger setups.

From what I can tell, the RF800b is simply the Canadian designation for the American RF-82. They appear to be identical and are truly excellent models!

I personally prefer the sound of the older RF-25 and RF-35, and both would match the voicing of your RC-25 a bit better than an RF-82 would.

However, if your purchasing options are limited, don't let voice matching stop you from buying the excellent RF-82's.

Ok if you had a choice between the rf800b or the iv rf82 what would you lean too ? Regardless of what center channel you have ? Sorry for all the back and forth lol I got my prices mixed up, there's about a 200$ difference

I suggested this for him since it's in his province anyway, it's a stretch on the budget but would be no need to upgrade for a long time.

http://www.canuckaudiomart.com/details/649244603-klipsch-rf83-full-system/

That would be about $1850 USD with our crap dollar right now.

http://www.canuckaudiomart.com/  is a great place to look for Audio gear in Canada at a good price.

I suggested this for him since it's in his province anyway, it's a stretch on the budget but would be no need to upgrade for a long time.

http://www.canuckaudiomart.com/details/649244603-klipsch-rf83-full-system/

That would be about $1850 USD with our crap dollar right now.

http://www.canuckaudiomart.com/ is a great place to look for Audio gear in Canada at a good price.

It is a great deal for sure, an just down the road from but. Unfortunately out of my price range