x20i headphones

Furball

Recently got a pair of these last week and I am loving them, they sound excellent.  A worthy upgrade from the x10... and while I pretty much give them a perfect review score, some things beg to be asked...

The x20i has detachable cables, and comes with a cable that has an Apple control / mic.  I do not use Apple products so have never used the mic or control on any Klipsch headphones, and now that I have the option of purchasing a cable that has no controller on it, where could I go about doing that at a reasonable price?  Actually, what I mean to ask is, would Klipsch have plans for creating and selling alternate optional cables for the x20i in their style?  An affordable x20i cable that has no mic on it.  Maybe also one that has an Android control on it.  If both these became available I'd most likely buy one of each outright and throw the apple cable away.  With a replaceable cable, makes sense to offer replacement cable options.  :)

Another topic, the super slim medium ear tips.  While the regular mediums seal fine (at least in my left ear), the super slim medium is just slightly too slim to seal properly.  Is there plans for also making a super slim large?  I'd really love to try it, may even be the most perfect size tip for me if it ever existed.  

And finally, what's up with the lack of a shirt clip?  There's a tie bar, I don't know what I really need to do with that, but the standard shirt clip is completely missing.  The extra weight of these slighter thicker cables is ever more noticeable with them bouncing around, tugging on your ears.  I borrowed the shirt clip that came with my x10is, which solved the problem though it doesn't really fit on the thicker part of the main cable.  

Anyway, that's my nit-picky stuff.  The headphones are beautiful, as are the box they came in and the sound they produce. Please sell alternate replacement cable types and super slim large ear tips someday!  :)

Ive asked many times about android support on older earbuds... while the klipsch dept is aware of the issue of android support, they have no immediate plans to support it directly. I do know there is an after market app though, but it doesnt add mic support.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

You can also use the older style ear cups from your x10/x11...

I have been enjoying my x20's immensely.

One question for klipsch... will you make a connector that eliminates the microphone for thkse of hs that have no use for that feature?

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I first had  the x10i and loved them.  When the 3.5mm connector went south while under warranty, Klipsch replaced them with the x11i, since the x10i was discontinued.  Anyway, the x11i's were great for a while, but then the 3.5mm connector on them went bad - this time out of warranty!  I found a guy on Ebay who put a replacement 3.5mm connector on for about $30.  This connect was much better and lasted.  However, about a week ago, the right side earbud started cutting in and out, and eventually went completely dead.  I ended up scrapping them and decided to by another pair, but couldn't decide whether to go with the new x12i or the much ballyhooed x20i.  The x20is were north of $540 from all the authorized dealers, and the x12is were around $349.  I was leaning towards the x12is, but then I saw a price reduction on the x20i.  They were still expensive at $439, but at least they were south of the original price by $109.  Since the x20i has detachable (and thus I presume replaceable) cables, I bit the bullet and bought the x20i from an authorized dealer.  From all the reviews I've seen and read, I'm really excited to get my hands (or rather my ears) on these! My x11is were terrific, so I can't wait to see how much better these are.   

UPDATE: I got these in hand last Friday.  I'm not really an audiophile (maybe I'm becoming one LOL), but I do appreciate good gear for listening to music and can generally tell the difference between a decent set of headphones or earbuds and a cheap Walmart set. Well, as I mentioned in previous post, my Klipsch x11i ear buds finally gave out after a couple of years of heavy use and were not really repairable. I had thought I might just get another set of x11i, or maybe pop for the newer x12i. However, Klipsch has a new flagship in-ear monitor (high-end ear buds), the x20i. These were selling for $550 when I first saw them online, which I could not bring myself to spend. But recently the price dropped by $110 and, while they were still very expensive compared to the x12i, I decided to try these x20i in-ear monitors. Wow! That's all I can say. The x11i ear buds sounded great, but these x20i in-ear monitors are on a whole different level, seriously. I have almost 10,000 songs in my High Def library and I usually listen with a FiiO X5 through a FiiO E12 Amp and these things are unreal! There are little nuances in songs that I never knew were there - until now. The music seems to be in your head, not in your ears. The response is flat and you feel like you are hearing what the artist actually sounded like in studio (or on stage). If you are looking for something with big boomy thumpy thumpy base, don't waste your money on these - go buy a pair of Beats. On these, the base is tight and crisp, but not overwhelming. The mids and highs are just right - not sculpted or over-exaggerated. I.e., the sound is not "molded" towards more bass or more highs, - everything just blends perfectly. You get the feeling you are listening to exactly what the artist sounded like in the studio or on the stage. I am loving these so far. So, if you are one who appreciates really accurate, clear, crisp sound I'd rate these Klipsch x20is at 10+

Only minor grip: For the price of these babys, Klipsch should offer more than the standard 1 year warranty, I mean really Klipsch!

• 4 months later...