So, Why Was the M40 Abandoned?

boom3

On ‎10‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 3:06 PM, Vlad said:

This is one of the major reasons it became the Status headphone. And since that headphone's discontinuation we will finally have the Reference Over-Ear by the end of the month.

Then how will Klipsch make the M40 owners whole?

On 10/8/2016 at 0:02 PM, jjptkd said:

Truth is while I really enjoy the way they sound they just aren't that comfortable to me. Tight fitting and kind of heavy / bulky to wear, I should probably just sell them off and maybe try the newer version?

I have a pair of Ref over the ear and they are excellent cans for the price. There is a clear difference between the Image and REF lines. The REF smokes them

Mark

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

From what I've gathered there will never be any replacements available for these, sorry. The M-40's have been showing up used on eBay for fairly cheap so that might be a way to hang on to them if you're so inclined otherwise it might be best just to move on to a current model.

• 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...

I’ve been trying to find replacement ear pads for a year now and haven’t had any luck. This only cements the fact that I will never buy another Klipsh product of any type. If they have failed to provide support for something as simple as replacement ear pads I can’t really trust them to provide support for any other product either. 

• Thanks 1

I only recently became interested in Head Phones after about 50 years after my first Koss leather covered headphones-I do prefer speakers for music, but appreciate there are uses for me and others that drive the demand for such.  Still it is disappointing that this issue hasn't been resolved. It would seem that the right thing to do if they aren't going to support the old model is to provide the new model to those who ask.  It would cost Klipsch less in the long run than the damage to their reputation it seems to me.  That and it just seems to be the right thing to do given what I read here.  I'll be anxious to see how this turns out.

I ordered replacement ear pads for $6 off of ebay. They were terrible and I would've needed to use hot glue to fix them to the ring that snaps into the headphones. I threw them into the garbage follower by my M40s. It was a sad day. Bose over-the-ear headphones have been a far better purchase than the M40s were.

• 4 months later...