Thoughts on Chorus 1s

BobK

Here Roger this pic is for you....

My TFM-55x next to my two Adcom 555ii's

The 55x makes my Chorusii's hit harder than both my Adcoms bridged....

MKP :-)

Obviously you have an amp problem. So do I, I need some

Do you want my address so you can figure out the shipping to Chicago? I would be happy to pay the freight

Mark

• Like 1

Here is a pic of one of my two TFM-15 Carver amps on top of my LaScallas. Based on the amount out sound that little amp puts out, I can only imagine what it's big brothers can produce. More than I need. Both have new caps and relays.

Roger, if you were 15 in '80 then I am older than you and that upsets me. Not sure why, but it does.

post-60988-0-89300000-1453235768_thumb.j

• Like 4

You guys are trying to get me addicted to audio.  Get new speakers then just get just a little more from them search for new amps etc...

:)

Better than hookers or drugs.

Or is it ?  :unsure:

I thought the consensus was three ways with hookers and cocaine :D :D :D

Mark

Never had to involve Hookers or Drugs to get two women at the same time with multiple different women!

Now three women at the same time, haven't pulled that one off yet :)

Roger

• Like 2

You guys are trying to get me addicted to audio.  Get new speakers then just get just a little more from them search for new amps etc...

Mark

Never had to involve Hookers or Drugs to get two women at the same time with multiple different women!

Roger

I didn't have to involve drugs either but it certainly made it more interesting and longer lasting

lmao

Mark

• Like 1

Here is a pic of one of my two TFM-15 Carver amps on top of my LaScallas. Based on the amount out sound that little amp puts out, I can only imagine what it's big brothers can produce. More than I need. Both have new caps and relays.

Roger, if you were 15 in '80 then I am older than you and that upsets me. Not sure why, but it does.

attachicon.gifaa.jpeg

I would have been 15 in 1980 until May 7th :)

Roger

Mark

Roger

That's cuz ya didn't hang with me.....

Oh let me stop cuz the wife does troll around the site quite a bit....

• Like 1

Mark

Roger

I didn't have to involve drugs either but it certainly made it more interesting and longer lasting

lmao

Mark

I don't know how drugs would make it last longer?

I dated my wife for 5.5 years before we got married and dated another girl for 2.5 years at the same time and they both knew about each other.

Got them together at a local motel that had King sized beds, got off twice took them both dirty dancing on me at a local spot, took them both back, had it in the shower and again on the bed, took the second girl home and had her at her house. Have been several completely and totally different sets of girls over the years :)

Roger

• Like 1

There is a TFM-55 on EBay right now that needs gone through.

I think I will bid on it when it comes down :)

There are also two pairs of Carver Silver 9T Mono Blocks by two separate owners up for auction right now, how rare is that? :)

Roger

• Like 1

There is a TFM-55 on EBay right now that needs gone through.

I think I will bid on it when it comes down :)

There are also two pairs of Carver Silver 9T Mono Blocks by two separate owners up for auction right now, how rare is that? :)

Roger

I grabbed 55 last year that needed work...it was super clean looking...

I took it to my amp guy in town here.. he does a lot of Crown amps and all kinds of stuff... he can't fix it...no parts....

So I'll be shipping it out to Rowland at High Tech Audio in OR. See what he can do with it....

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Many years ago before the demise of the Republic I powered my Chorus IIs at Audio Karma's show with a Scott LK-48 and NOS Valves VRDs another time with half a dozen folks coming back to the room to camp out to hear more vinyl. Not fair to other enthusiasts in the show my Chorus IIs have Alethia Audio rebuilt crossovers.

100 watts? My Chorus IIs only have seen that in SS HT service for 'Private Ryan' or Hobbit films and the like.

PWK liked Chorus I but the Chorus II was the last speaker he was actively involved in the design and validation.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Lot's of good stuff in this thread. A seldom mentioned "sleeper" amp for  some Kilpsch Speakers are the NYAL Moscode 300 and Moscode 600 hybrid tube amps. All tube input, with MosFet outputs, and by simply changing the inexpensive input tubes, you can radically change the entire sound of the amps!