Should be under $1,000

Coytee

Made a brief mention in the Powerball thread about a stray dog.

Last night, had a stray puppy turn up at our front door.  Poor guy was drooling blood on an "icky" level.  Not bad enough that it seemed he needed emergency attention, but bad enough that it pooled when he was laying down.

Has a flea-collar on, but no collar per se' and, no tags.  (found out today, no chip either)

Brought him inside, tried to feed/water him....he avoided the food and tried to drink.  The water picked up the blood and looked like bloody water.  Well, I guess it WAS bloody water.

Took him out on a leash before bed and he went potty both ways which I took as a good thing.  Got up this morning about 6:00 and took him out again.  This time he wet a bush....which again, I took as a good thing.

Got him to my vet unannounced.  I got there as they opened and they had not yet checked their voice messages so didn't know I called last night to say I was going to drop him by.

Left him there....vet called me around 2:00 today.  I'm still a bit confused but it seems the poor pups tongue was pretty torn up.  Torn up to the point that he can't eat and can't drink (even though we THOUGHT he was drinking, vet said he didn't get much)

Vet says feeding tube for a couple days so he gets food.  Maybe an IV for hydration.  Tongue might heal....might not (dog might still need to be put down)

Said he would also check for heartworms/other first so that we don't fix the dog's mouth and a heart worm kill him.

How much?  "Hmmm.....  probably anywhere between $600 and $1,000"

(sigh)

Do it.

He's a cute guy.  Just about knee high.  Vet thinks he's about 5 months old give/take.  

Sure hate to have him put down.  Would like to give him a fair shot at a good life.  Don't need another dog (have 3 plus a cat and all were.....strays)

Guess we'll see.

If he survives and we get him back, maybe I'll post a picture of him and take suggestions for names....UNLESS I of course, win the lottery, then his azz is mine and I'm naming him Lucky AND, already told the wife, we'll build another house here on the farm and give him his own room.

• Like 6

Just talked to the wife (she's been gone to work all day)

When she talked to the vet, he said he's guessing maybe a horse kicked the pup in the mouth.  Missing a tooth (which I understand is a puppy tooth??  Would it be replaced later??)

He's Brendle in color?  (I always thought a Brendle was a dog, not a color).  Short haired, soft & fluffy and a nice little guy.

If we can bring him back to health, we will probably be looking for someone who might want a newly repaired and up to date (with shots) puppy.

• Like 1

Made a brief mention in the Powerball thread about a stray dog.

Last night, had a stray puppy turn up at our front door.  Poor guy was drooling blood on an "icky" level.  Not bad enough that it seemed he needed emergency attention, but bad enough that it pooled when he was laying down.

Has a flea-collar on, but no collar per se' and, no tags.  (found out today, no chip either)

Brought him inside, tried to feed/water him....he avoided the food and tried to drink.  The water picked up the blood and looked like bloody water.  Well, I guess it WAS bloody water.

Took him out on a leash before bed and he went potty both ways which I took as a good thing.  Got up this morning about 6:00 and took him out again.  This time he wet a bush....which again, I took as a good thing.

Got him to my vet unannounced.  I got there as they opened and they had not yet checked their voice messages so didn't know I called last night to say I was going to drop him by.

Left him there....vet called me around 2:00 today.  I'm still a bit confused but it seems the poor pups tongue was pretty torn up.  Torn up to the point that he can't eat and can't drink (even though we THOUGHT he was drinking, vet said he didn't get much)

Vet says feeding tube for a couple days so he gets food.  Maybe an IV for hydration.  Tongue might heal....might not (dog might still need to be put down)

Said he would also check for heartworms/other first so that we don't fix the dog's mouth and a heart worm kill him.

How much?  "Hmmm.....  probably anywhere between $600 and $1,000"

(sigh)

Do it.

He's a cute guy.  Just about knee high.  Vet thinks he's about 5 months old give/take.  

Sure hate to have him put down.  Would like to give him a fair shot at a good life.  Don't need another dog (have 3 plus a cat and all were.....strays)

Guess we'll see.

If he survives and we get him back, maybe I'll post a picture of him and take suggestions for names....UNLESS I of course, win the lottery, then his azz is mine and I'm naming him Lucky AND, already told the wife, we'll build another house here on the farm and give him his own room.

Just reading into your post, reminded me of the Second wife!

There, that made you smile :emotion-21:

Edited by minermark
  • Like 2

Brindle is usually used to describe an animal that has a tawny coat with stripes of other colors. Like a tiger or zebra, the stripes are also on their skin.

Then I'd say he is indeed a Brindle (always thought it was Brendle, show's you how much I know!)

Here is a brindle puppy and a brindle bull.  By the way, great compassion on your part.  :emotion-21:

_ Brindle-Puppy.jpg

_ BullBrindle.jpg

post-36163-0-29640000-1452393209_thumb.j

post-36163-0-22760000-1452393291_thumb.j

Edited by Fjd