Cincinnati = Thugs

jimjimbo

I think it all started with the ghetto treatment when Big Ben got injured. Throwing stuff at him and booing him on the cart. He came back and led the Steelers to the win with the idiotic selfishness of the Cinci team.

Yea that was pretty bad, Ben showed them in the end.

It's amazing to see the contrast that exist in the NFL from organization to organization.  I don't pull for any particular team in the NFL, but I know that if Burfict was a member of the Steelers, or the Patriots as well as a few other teams, that behavior, including getting in your coaches face, would mean you are going to be traded.  I really hope the Cincinnati management makes a statement and does just that. 

I don't really care if Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Baltimore break each others bones because I am a Browns fan. The Browns steal the show by providing the most entertainment/excitement with the after season firings and the miserable draft performance.

JJK

• Like 2

The NFL needs to liberally hand out fines and suspensions.  Cincy was inappropriate on many levels last night.  Burfict is unstable IMHO.  But the fan conduct was inexcusable.  Perhaps Cincy needs to not have its franchise?  They'd be better served with cage fights, wrestling and quarter tossing.  Last night was beyond regrettable - it was a disgrace.

• Like 1

JJKIZAK-

Fellow suffering Browns fan here, your comments are sadly spot on.

For years Cincinnati has looked down on Cleveland due to the 'Dog Pound' and the antics therein. I have news for them, that display last night took low-class to a parallel dimension both on the field and in the stands. Ten Cent Beer Night in Cleveland was outrageous, but that was almost 42 years ago. The players were out of control, I've never seen so much jawing with officials ever. Whether the officials could have hemmed it in more I don't know. Marvin Lewis lost control of his team and that's not a positive reflection on the organization, second only to getting out-coached.

Cincinnati has a lot of problems that extend well beyond sports teams.

• Like 1

I don't really care if Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Baltimore break each others bones because I am a Browns fan. The Browns steal the show by providing the most entertainment/excitement with the after season firings and the miserable draft performance.

I give you extra credit for truth in advertising.  :emotion-21:

But holy cow, don't you have to have some sympathy for the uber loyal but long suffering Browns fans.  I've never seen a more optimistic bunch who collective have mentally tattooed in their brains, if not literally inked onto their arms, "wait till next year."

First. Buficts hit was legal. Bang, bang play and he lead with his shoulder. Second, they didnt show what Jones did. If he said something, so effin what! Heat of the battle. This is football right! The Squeelers are the NFLs darlings. Refs took care of em like they always do. Hate em.

• Like 1

The Refs blew it again, and yes, they favor pittsburg, always have, that was not a fumble!  And Big Ben is a proven rapist, so who is the thug here, unless rape is OK with you guys?

The penalty at the end shows that the game was decided before it began.

The Refs blew it again, and yes, they favor pittsburg, always have, that was not a fumble!  And Big Ben is a proven rapist, so who is the thug here, unless rape is OK with you guys?

The penalty at the end shows that the game was decided before it began.

Didn't the Romans have criminals competing in the coliseum?

JJK

Were you guys watching the same game (or replays)?  The called fumble was definitely a fumble....the ball was out of his hands before his elbow or any other part of his body touched the ground.  Secondly, Burfict lead with his head down, penalty, period.  I'm neither a Steelers nor a Bengals fan, but they both got what they deserved, good or bad.....  And, by the way Rummy, do you have a court record of conviction to back up your statement above?  (not that it has anything to do with the game of course)....didn't think so.

OK, on to the next pair of games....Go Seahawks!

• Like 1

Were you guys watching the same game (or replays)?  The called fumble was definitely a fumble....the ball was out of his hands before his elbow or any other part of his body touched the ground.  Secondly, Burfict lead with his head down, penalty, period.  I'm neither a Steelers nor a Bengals fan, but they both got what they deserved, good or bad.....  And, by the way Rummy, do you have a court record of conviction to back up your statement above?  (not that it has anything to do with the game of course)....didn't think so.

OK, on to the next pair of games....Go Seahawks!

I agree…it was definitely a fumble. I originally thought Burficts hit was legal, but after watching the replay, his head was straight into Bernard. Burfict  and Pacman caused the Bungles the win.

• Like 1

Pac-Man said something to Joey Porter (Steelers coach who shouldn't of even been out there) that resulted in the additional 15 year penalty. So there was nothing to see. Porter should have gotten the penalty. The fumble was a fumble.

If your winning with a buck thirty left in the game carry the ball with both hands!

That was a rough game but let's not put a halo on the steelers. First of all, I'm more confused than ever whether a catch is a catch and how this whole process thing works - either the ball has to be still and they take two steps or it has to just not hit the ground. I thought the TD for Pitt in the corner was a catch but with the process thing - that ball was rolling all over the back of his leg before he went out with two feet down.

Next - when a Pitt receiver catches a ball, takes two steps and lowers HIS head into the defender and Cincinnati is called for hitting a defenseless player, then when the cinci running back is blown up direct helmet to helmet where the defender launched and hit his face mask with the crown of his helmet leaving him in a coma, that's defenseless too. I'm not a fan by any stretch of either team, but the nfl is jumping the shark with this double standard. Their ref in the box sounded ridiculous defending that no call, which lead to a fumble. If I'm a cinci player - I'm starting to come unhinged too.

Never mind the same coach for Pitt who was flagged for pulling a players hair (on the sideline!), is jawing on the field with the same player to goad him into whatever was said to purchase the final 15 yards for that field goal. I hope whatever he said was worth it, but that was a huge call in that situation in that weather. As a football fan, that game just left a bad taste. Both sides were heated and chippy, but I think the refs really missed a couple, especially the clear as day helmet to helmet that lead to the fumble.

Pitt looked just as dirty in my opinion, they had the benefit of the backing of the officials when they were hurting their opponents, that reduces the frustration.

• Like 1

I read all of Jim's posts. I don't remember anything that he says but I do remember his avatar.

Keith

Me too. I vote every shallow man here change their Avatar to something involving a liking nature that can overcome any horrible content they place here.

Hmmmm...not sure whether to be happy or hurt....

:)  My avatar confirms our direction. I was just trying to bring a little time killing change to erase some of my Monday morning work load while I reviewed everyones new Avatar.