The Klipsch Audio Community
Chris A

A K-402-Based Full-Range Multiple-Entry Horn

6 hours ago, ClaudeJ1 said:

This makes me wonder what would happen if ChrisA didn't use an enclosure around the MEH, and used it about 1 Meter out off both walls?

I used the prototype without a box, but the effect wasn't very pleasing, in my experience.  Bass response actually got more spotty (polars got ugly) and generally weaker. 

The K-402-MEH really depends on at least half space loading (i.e., the back of the unit is touching a wall), so I wouldn't want to give away the bass extension to space it away from its backstop wall.

Chris

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Chris A said:

I used the prototype without a box, but the effect wasn't very pleasing, in my experience.  Bass response actually got more spotty (polars got ugly) and generally weaker. 

The K-402-MEH really depends on at least half space loading (i.e., the back of the unit is touching a wall), so I wouldn't want to give away the bass extension to space it away from its backstop wall.

Chris

Understood. I belong to that same camp, so to speak. There are many people who read Stereophile magazine and believe that speakers belong about 1/4 of the way into the room and away from all walls. Probably more of them the us guys who like corners. Just sayin'. But I agree with you on this.

• Like 1

Glad to hear box volume isn’t a real issue. I’m thinking of reorienting my 402’s from vertical to horizontal. I feel as I move around the room the coverage is not consistent.  I feel switching to 90degrees horizontal will improve coverage, and allow them to sit deeper in the corners. 

• Like 3

On 7/22/2021 at 4:32 AM, Dave A said:

Where are you that getting K-402 sets are a problem? My understanding is Klipsch will sell you sets all day long. Replacement parts are an issue though if you are not an owner with serial numbers.

OK S-MWM #2 go for it! Mine has the 402 + 1132 driver and when you get done I can send you the Xilica file I use for mine.

Europe.

I am in contact with Klipsch pro poeple and still waiting from them when a pair would be available.

K402s should come with the same driver as you got.

• Like 1