Is this a Heresey?

Nick_Si

5EqA85n.png

SO this speaker is for auction locally and I have been searching around for information on it.  It looks like a Heresey but has no grill and the Klipsch emblem is throwing me off.  Only thing i can think of is its is a venue model or something?

That is the only picture, do any of you know what this is?

welcome to the forum and yes they look to be factory klipsch speakers

the back label probably says HD-BB for Heresy Decorator Birch Black with the letters  P-R or S in the serial number from the klipsch laser logo which stands for 1976-77 or 78

i'm betting its an R in the serial number for 1977

is the auction for 1 speaker or a pair ????

Edited by Budman
  • Like 1

Can you get a picture of the label on the back?

I am going to try and see the speakers in person this week if I can so I will report back with additional pictures

the back label probably says HD-BB for Heresy Decorator Birch Black with the letters  P-R or S in the serial number from the klipsch laser logo which stands for 1976-77 or 78

I sure hope it is for a pair, and that time period makes sense as there is a really cool set of Kenwood Mono blocks and preamp which are dated to 1978 in the same lot... It would be a shame if they were to be separated... 

• Like 1

I sure hope it is for a pair, and that time period makes sense as there is a really cool set of Kenwood Mono blocks and preamp which are dated to 1978 in the same lot... It would be a shame if they were to be separated... 

Their fate rests in your hands...

• Like 1

OK so update.  There are two speakers but the other one not pictured has a totally rotten woofer.  The cone is all but gone, i can only assume the coil is shot but the basket and the magnet look original so maybe someone can fix it.

You were correct about the serial number it is HD BB and there is an R in the number see below.

AxNoI6O.jpg

I am going to pass on this set.  They had the one playing and I am not sure i heard any noise coming from the tweeter but it was hard to tell with background noise and the signal coming from a fuzzy radio...  

The auction is in Ithaca NY incase anyone else is interested and close by.