(4) Black La Scala's in Maine - $300 ea BIN

avguytx

If they are not working can I make a claim after the sale?

Check them before you load up.  That way if something shakes loose on the way home, you won't blame him.  Take an I-pod and a chip amp a couple cables and some wire.  Be sure you listen to the tweeters.  If anything's blown, it would be them.  If there's a problem, you can negotiate on the spot and he can pay-pay you some money back right then if agreed upon.

Okay so you are saying check em out anyway after purchase to ensure the listing condition "working" is accurate. If the listing isn't accurate have him compensate before making any sort of claim with ebay.

Great advice!! Thanks you. I do have a power inverter, ipod, and small amp I am going to bring.

Okay so you are saying check em out anyway after purchase to ensure the listing condition "working" is accurate. If the listing isn't accurate have him compensate before making any sort of claim with ebay.

Absolutely.  It's saved me some money.  Checking them in front of the seller also verifies the integrity of both parties. 

For example if one tweeter is blown, he can pay pal you $50 (for example) and add in the notes, "refund for defective tweeter in e-bay transaction xxxxxxxxxxx" 

Sound advice, thanks again.

I am just waiting for my friend to measure the vans interior and get back to me. Not sure what will happen if we can't fit all four. Not willing to do two trips. Possibly find another vehicle..........I do have an uncovered trailer.

Checking them in front of the seller also verifies the integrity of both parties. 

I doubt eBay could really argue with that.

As efficient as LaScala's are, you could probably just bring a mobile phone with music on it, and a stereo jack with bare wire on one end to test them. And a multimeter...

I acquired a pair of LaScala cabinets in the past. I hauled them in a mid-seventies full sized Chevy 4WD pick-up, and still had plenty of room for two more. Flew over some railroad tracks on the way back, got a good foot and half of air with one cab...

May want to rip all the seats out of the Caravan to get four LS in there.

Edited by mike stehr
  • Like 1

I don't think it matters anyway. The seller doesn't seem willing to change to local pick up.

Shipping would still put them at under $900.00 for a pair. Isn't that still an OK price for them?

Not if they don't work. I worries me the seller doesn't want to do local pickup. I can't see why anyone would want to ship them when someone is willing to come pick them up for free.

• Like 1

I don't think it matters anyway. The seller doesn't seem willing to change to local pick up.

Shipping would still put them at under $900.00 for a pair. Isn't that still an OK price for them?

Not if they don't work. I worries me the seller doesn't want to do local pickup. I can't see why anyone would want to ship them when someone is willing to come pick them up for free.

That would raise a red flag with me. Pickup is sooooo much easier for both parties.

Listing says they are in good working condition. I sent him a message and if he allows local pick up me and a buddy are probably going to go pickup all four. It's 2 1/2 hours from me. What do you guys think? I have Heresy II's now and my buddy has Heresy's.

Can you get 4 in a Chrysler Town and Country?

remove the two back seats and yes....you don't have removable captains chairs in the middle row - you'll have a problem.