you were all right about the Tads and the 402!

juniper

There was a guy on Ebay selling them in the $1200/pr. range.  He had 24 pair.  I wouldn't call that expensive for TAD 4002s.  They are over $3K a pair now if you can find them.  He may still be selling them.  Haven't looked in a while.

If you look on completed listings on ebay or look up true heart sound, they should have a bunch left. They will even try to match a pair for you. they were great to work with. One of the originals they sent had a cracked fram, and they sent me another one, no questions asked.

Pat,

In the Bahamas until Mid March, but would like to hear your System when I get back....... Will you be settled by then?

Kevin, may not be settled by then, but you are welcome too listen!!!! Now show us some fish pictures, there is a thread in the lounge with pics and stories, after that tarpon, fish lovers and forum members are probably waiting...... seeing what you have caught as of late, in the Bahamas!!!!!!

Hello All,

May be you all already knew about this, but you can buy just the horn, k402, directly from klipsch cinema dealer for $285 each plus shipping and tax. You can contact Spencer Chao at [O] 503-285-7015 [F] 503-285-6765.

www.cinequip.com | spencer.chao@cinequip.com

Good luck.!!!!

Thats new news as last time i called ( a year or two ago). He didn't seem as he would sell just the horn.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

K69 and the TAD with the BE diaphragm.  You can see the honeycomb cover for the diaphragm.  If you don't have that, as best I know, you have a replacement that might not be made of BE.

Can you see the honeycomb with out taking it apart ?  Do you have a picture ?

525839d1453129183-tad-td-4002-img_1909.j

I think they are looking at drivers that use  beryllium.  If not I would think that the EV dh1a would work great. 

K69 and the TAD with the BE diaphragm.  You can see the honeycomb cover for the diaphragm.  If you don't have that, as best I know, you have a replacement that might not be made of BE.

Not that I'm aware.  I think the 'bug-screen' will hide whatever is behind it.  Only way I know to verify is take the driver apart (not difficult)

525839d1453129183-tad-td-4002-img_1909.j

The picture did not attach

Kevin, may not be settled by then, but you are welcome too listen!!!! Now show us some fish pictures, there is a thread in the lounge with pics and stories, after that tarpon, fish lovers and forum members are probably waiting...... seeing what you have caught as of late, in the Bahamas!!!!!!

Catching Bonefish here in the Bahamas......

10349140_10205017407987123_8357621421856

• Like 2

Catching Bonefish here in the Bahamas......

10349140_10205017407987123_8357621421856

Nice fish Cut, now show us some more fish!!! I am sure the fish thread in the "lounge" needs some more great catches.....

• Like 1

just came here to post that^:

Unfortunately, I am no longer allowed to sell the K-402 horns by itself.  This was passed down to us a couple of hours ago.  We have been instructed to offer the complete unit, KPT-402-HF or MF, with a K69 driver.  The price on a KPT-402 is $1,078.65 each plus shipping.  I apologize for the inconvenience.  If you have any questions about this, you may reach out to Roy Delgado at Klipsch, roy.delgado@klipsch.com.

Edited by Schu
  • Like 1

just came here to post that^:

Unfortunately, I am no longer allowed to sell the K-402 horns by itself.  This was passed down to us a couple of hours ago.  We have been instructed to offer the complete unit, KPT-402-HF or MF, with a K69 driver.  The price on a KPT-402 is $1,078.65 each plus shipping.  I apologize for the inconvenience.  If you have any questions about this, you may reach out to Roy Delgado at Klipsch, roy.delgado@klipsch.com.

:(  :(  :(

Looks like Klipsch doesn't want my business anymore then, because i am not going to pay that, and then swap out drivers, and crossovers. I will have to either look at used horns or go to Danley, and give them my hard earned cash.

I guess that customers whose horns get damaged will have to buy a completely new setup due to Klipsch policy.

Edited by ellisr63