you were all right about the Tads and the 402!

juniper

If Klipsch allowed  K402s to be sold at $295.00 each.  They would sell about two dozen and then go out of business(probably not). But regardless, why would Roy (if its his policy) be wiling to sell his prize at next to nothing.  I wouldn't and I don't blame him.  I could see selling it with out the driver for less the price of the driver but not less than what some used out dated horns go for.

• Like 1

I would not beat up on Roy about the prices. He is the engineer and not the marketing  executive.

When I saw that price a few days ago, I got excited. I am currently working on a center channel with a K-510 up top. I started fantasizing about now using a K-402. Oh well, I can live with the K-510 after all.

• Like 1

If Klipsch allowed  K402s to be sold at $295.00 each.  They would sell about two dozen and then go out of business(probably not). But regardless, why would Roy (if its his policy) be wiling to sell his prize at next to nothing.  I wouldn't and I don't blame him.  I could see selling it with out the driver for less the price of the driver but not less than what some used out dated horns go for.

I have no problem paying a fair price for the horn, but I don't want to pay for the drivers, crossovers, and cabinet if I only want or need the horns.

So we need to figure out a few things as a group.

Obviously, there is quite the demand for the 510 & 402 horns.

How is it there isn't an aftermarket here? 3D printers are to the point where a 510 horn would be quite possible. 402's would obviously need a whole next level of 3D printing equipment.

You would think with the 510 horn that we would be able to get an aftermarket equivalent made. I'll bet we would even have a member willing to loan one out to someone to take measures and such.

• Like 1

First person to mention Spencer in this post was a fool. He would likely have his order had he not mentioned anything.

Think Klipsch wondered why suddenly Spencer wanted 6 402 horns?

The first person to mention Spencer in this post was in fact the only one (supposedly) able to purchase without a driver.   I don't believe anyone is trying to slide a purchase by Klipsch here.  Quite the contrary.  Only purchase an item exactly as they need it (sans driver/mounting assembly).

Exactly.

just came here to post that^:

Unfortunately, I am no longer allowed to sell the K-402 horns by itself.  This was passed down to us a couple of hours ago.  We have been instructed to offer the complete unit, KPT-402-HF or MF, with a K69 driver.  The price on a KPT-402 is $1,078.65 each plus shipping.  I apologize for the inconvenience.  If you have any questions about this, you may reach out to Roy Delgado at Klipsch, roy.delgado@klipsch.com.

:(  :(  :(

Looks like Klipsch doesn't want my business anymore then, because i am not going to pay that, and then swap out drivers, and crossovers. I will have to either look at used horns or go to Danley, and give them my hard earned cash.

I guess that customers whose horns get damaged will have to buy a completely new setup due to Klipsch policy.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if you own a catalogued Klipsch speaker that uses the k402, and your horn is damaged, you can get a replacement horn only.

• Like 1

I have no problem paying a fair price for the horn, but I don't want to pay for the drivers, crossovers, and cabinet if I only want or need the horns.

As a matter of clarification, when you order them (unless something has changed), all you get is the driver, horn, base and bracket to hold it all together.  No crossover, no cabinet and no $200 for passing Go.

Open box, lift out, plug in and play.  Just like the picture.

post-12967-0-59940000-1453809644_thumb.j

• Like 2

As a matter of clarification, when you order them (unless something has changed), all you get is the driver, horn, base and bracket to hold it all together.  No crossover, no cabinet and no $200 for passing Go.

Open box, lift out, plug in and play.  Just like the picture.

Thats fine for me...

• Like 1

just came here to post that^:

Unfortunately, I am no longer allowed to sell the K-402 horns by itself.  This was passed down to us a couple of hours ago.  We have been instructed to offer the complete unit, KPT-402-HF or MF, with a K69 driver.  The price on a KPT-402 is $1,078.65 each plus shipping.  I apologize for the inconvenience.  If you have any questions about this, you may reach out to Roy Delgado at Klipsch, roy.delgado@klipsch.com.

:(  :(  :(

Looks like Klipsch doesn't want my business anymore then, because i am not going to pay that, and then swap out drivers, and crossovers. I will have to either look at used horns or go to Danley, and give them my hard earned cash.

I guess that customers whose horns get damaged will have to buy a completely new setup due to Klipsch policy.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if you own a catalogued Klipsch speaker that uses the k402, and your horn is damaged, you can get a replacement horn only.

It doesn't appear that you can from what is being said.

It's still unclear, isn't it? My comment is based on my memory of past posts (of long ago) concerning this issue. Maybe a Klipsch employee will jump in to clarify.

• Like 1

It's still unclear, isn't it? My comment is based on my memory of past posts (of long ago) concerning this issue. Maybe a Klipsch employee will jump in to clarify.

My guess is, you would have to have the serial number off of the horn that is broken. 

• Like 1

My guess is, you would have to have the serial number off of the horn that is broken. 

Strange that they choose to go that route, as it is not a warranty issue.

Hello All,

I did order and received the two horns for $621.30 (plus shipping). I already bought two pairs of TAD 4002.  One pair from ebay recently.  I bought one K402/k1132 from ebay some months ago; I can use this one as sample to build the brackets and bases for the other k402/TAD 4002 set.  I may take me another year to have the whole set of RT-C-LT complete, I will post pictures then.

I thought to share the information on this forum so more people can buy the horn and Klipsch can sell more.  I just think that if they can sell more they can make money with the quantity.  I do not think it will cost Klipsch that much to make the horn.  Selling mass quantity, they can make up for the research fund.  It also will help their reputation too.  There are many competitive horns out there from JBL, QSC, etc...

Unfortunately, may be I am the only one lucky enough to get just the horn.  Spencer told me that, if you bought the set horn/driver/bracket from klipsch, they will sell you the horn for replacement, after verifying the original purchase.

Good luck

• Like 2