Lets go fishing! Anybody else fish for Stripe here?

JL Sargent

This one has been hanging in my garage for over 20 years. Caught it in 1994 at Smith Lake using live bait. Hooked a few that were too big to land, they just swim down to standing timber and hang up. Had a friend that had just opened a new taxidermy shop back then so I let him mount this one so that he could earn a few bucks.

Now I fish on the coast. I drive down, slide up to the table and order my fish.

Keith

post-3284-0-59460000-1452988363_thumb.jp

Edited by T2K
  • Like 2

Roy Depgado at Rodney Newton's place(host of this year's Pilgrimage)in Bodcaw, AR a few weeks ago!

That's what we call a toad around here. Our state record is 10 lbs 14 ounces, so we don't get anything like that.

This was my biggest bass ever 8 lbs 12 ounces.

post-59264-0-78660000-1453003024_thumb.j

• Like 6

Roy Depgado at Rodney Newton's place(host of this year's Pilgrimage)in Bodcaw, AR a few weeks ago!

That's what we call a toad around here. Our state record is 10 lbs 14 ounces, so we don't get anything like that.

This was my biggest bass ever 8 lbs 12 ounces.

attachicon.gifBASS IN YAK.jpg

In a kayak! Awesome

Mark

Edited by ZEUS121996
  • Like 2

• Moderators

Ok I know that picture looks fishy, it was almost dark, cold and I just took 2 pics in a hurry. He estimated it to be about 6-7 pounds, I thought a little more but he has more experience than me with bass, it was nice

This is the other picture, Kevin has a video somewhere after it was caught and him releasing it.

I use to fish every weekend, saltwater, mostly for Speckle Trout and Redfish, mostly in Delacroix island, Shell beach, Hopedale, Point la hache, and a little in Venice, all in South Louisiana.

The other bass pic  :lol:

post-9700-0-64820000-1453014518_thumb.jp

• Like 4