Lets go fishing! Anybody else fish for Stripe here?

JL Sargent

• Moderators
Pictured are me and my son Auston with two of the fish we caught.

Very nice, all sons should have days like that, it's some of the things he will never forget.    :emotion-21:

Some nice looking fish everyone posted, makes me want to fish more. It has always been fun, even the small ones.

• Like 3

Some bass from one of our tanks out at the ranch in TX.  Killer day fishing!

Rooster fish from Costa Rica fishing trip, got into some Marlin's that day too.

A bonida and a trigger fish from an Atlantic Reef fishing trip in Bermuda.  Trigger fish fight like hell!

post-2180-0-27300000-1453042618_thumb.jp

post-2180-0-87140000-1453042634_thumb.jp

post-2180-0-60660000-1453042702_thumb.jp

post-2180-0-29260000-1453062876_thumb.jp

post-2180-0-70540000-1453062891_thumb.jp

Edited by Frzninvt
  • Like 6

Some bass from one of our tanks out at the ranch in TX.  Killer day fishing!

Rooster fish from Costa Rica fishing trip, got into some Marlin's that day too.

Roosterfish, Bonefish, Wahoo, Tuna, Shark, Marlin, Redfish, Permit, Goliath Grouper, Peacock Bass, and Tarpon are on my bucket list. I also want to hit Grouper, Redfish, Permit, Bonefish, Tarpon, Bluefish, Musky, Peacock Bass, and Striper on the fly rod.

• Like 1

Roy Depgado at Rodney Newton's place(host of this year's Pilgrimage)in Bodcaw, AR a few weeks ago!

Ok I know that picture looks fishy, it was almost dark, cold and I just took 2 pics in a hurry. He estimated it to be about 6-7 pounds, I thought a little more but he has more experience than me with bass, it was nice

This is the other picture, Kevin has a video somewhere after it was caught and him releasing it.

I use to fish every weekend, saltwater, mostly for Speckle Trout and Redfish, mostly in Delacroix island, Shell beach, Hopedale, Point la hache, and a little in Venice, all in South Louisiana.

The other bass pic  :lol:

Roy's fish is by no means the biggest caught at Rodney's, nor would I think that it is by any means his best fish. It is also important to realize that Roy's was caught right off the dock, directly behind the lake house, and not in a little Kayak where he could maneuver to the best locations on that 79 acre pond :)

Roger

My maternal Grandfather Carl Clifford Kiser was the fisherman in the family :)

He built a cabin on an island in Lake Nippissing in Canada first, and the second house built on the southern most tip of Estero Island Florida in 1961, which is Ft. Myers Beach. He would summer at the cottage in Canada and winter on the Island in Florida for over 20 years. He kept a journal of the moon, the tides, the time of day, where he fished, the weather and the barometric pressure. He could always put you on the fish :)

Wish I knew how to scan some of the photos from one of his Canada albums that I have, and know how to post them :(

Roger

• Like 1

Man these pictures make me ready to get back on the lake! Especially with getting a fishing kayak this past Christmas - I'm anxious to get that thing out on the water! 

where are you located? I've traveled PA, NY, NJ, and have been looking to do NC/SC and FL as well on mine. I have a SOT and SI that I use. I do salt in the SOT.

• Like 1