Superbowl 50 - 2016

wvu80

"Prior to the game Seahawks linebacker Brian Bosworth insulted Jackson and promised in a media event before the game to contain Jackson. Jackson responded by running over Bosworth on his way to a touchdown near the goal line. He also made a 91-yard run in the 2nd quarter, to the outside, untouched down the sideline. Jackson was running so fast that his momentum carried him into the tunnel leading to the locker rooms and his teammates had to retrieve him. Jackson rushed for 221 yards that night and two touchdowns. He added a third with a reception. The 221 yards was a single-game record for the Raiders until it was broken in 1997, when Napoleon Kaufman rushed for 227 yards in a win over Denver."

(Wikipedia)

There.  I managed to get Jackson and a Denver loss in the same post.  Sweet.

As further insult, Brian Bosworth had to sit BEHIND me at Lakers game. Jack Nicholson was still in front of me; but, i could have hit him with a peanut if i tried.

Edited by BigStewMan
  • Like 2

I just learned that I have scored tickets to the game. Should be interesting. I have been to one other superbowl that being at Stanford in 85. I think that this will be a little different. Stanford stadium had wooden benches, no luxury suites and outhouses. At least the niners were playing which doesnt appear to be happening again anytime soon!

it’s not too late for me to get there by game time ...

• Like 2

LOVED to watch Bo carry the football. Then he started breaking bats over his knee. Supposedly still holds the record for fastest 40 at the combines ever. I was active Air Force sitting in a little bar off base (Denver Co) eating hot wings and drinking Coronas the night Bo ran over Bosworth for a TD. I'll never forget it.

Bo is one of my favorites.  Got to watch Bo Jackson vs. Barry Sanders at the Pontiac Silverdome once. Raiders won. Bo out rushed Barry.  Both teams scored TDs on their first offense plays of the game. 

• Like 1

In 1986, Auburn's Bo Jackson ran the fastest 40-yard dash at the NFL combine, with a reported time of 4.12 to add further support he ran a 4.18 a week later.

Hand timed but still blistering speed.

IMO, his first MLB hit where most mortal men would have been thrown out easily, Bo beat out the throw by a step and a half.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QDROdrv-Xw

Bill

• Like 1

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Superbowl 50 - Predictions

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

If you want to impress your fellow Klipschites with how much you don't know about football, put it in writing, today is your last chance.  :rolleyes:   I'll go first.

+++

I say the Broncos score a touchdown in the last 5 minutes to give the false impression this game was closer than it was. 

Panthers 27-13

Edited by wvu80

We will have about a doz people here for the game. Hot wings, smoked sausage, red beans/rice, cheeze dip, are all on the menu. Most of these guests could care less who wins. Something wrong with them as I will be watching closely to see how it all unfolds. 

• Like 1