Superbowl 50 - 2016

wvu80

Cut Cam some slack.

Nah. You talk the talk you better walk the walk or you're going to hear about it.   If you wear superman shirts, mvp shoes and tell everyone that the league hasn't seen anything like you before and then go out and lay an egg, the smack is going to come right back home.

• Like 7

Cut Cam some slack.

Nah. You talk the talk you better walk the walk or you're going to hear about it.   If you wear superman shirts, mvp shoes and tell everyone that the league hasn't seen anything like you before and then go out and lay an egg, the smack is going to come right back home.

I am not about karma because we all make bad decisions from time to time but Cam needs to watch the tape of his interview and just learn from it.  Humility in victory and humility in defeat defines a man of good character.  I think Cam will be okay and resurface a stronger man.

Bill

He's not a product of white privilege

That has nothing to do with it.

T.O. was a great receiver who constantly ran his mouth.  He's talk smack, hold press conferences in his driveway with his shirt off and do pretty much anything he could do to draw attention to himself.  I couldn't stand watching him play and rooted against him no matter what team he was on.

Andre Johnson was the consummate professional and team mate.  He had numbers right up there with T.O. and was every bit the athlete that T.O. was.  He never brought attention to himself but was a fierce competitor.  I would pull for him no matter where he played.  White/black has nothing to do with it.  Some guys are professional, some guys like to clown and live in the limelight.  There's both in the NFL. 

• Like 3

Cam doesn't need to shut up, but I do think he needs to study the interviews by the Face of the NFL, Peyton Manning.  :emotion-21:

Who, when he knew he had the national spotlight exclusively on TV in front of hundreds of millions of viewers, talked about how he was going to drink lots of Budweiser that night, and how the next day he was going to take his children to Disney Land.

$$$ Twice. $$$  :cool:

Cut Cam some slack. He's not a product of white privilege

What color "privilage" would his children have? Does privilage color change with race? I have seen more than my share of underprivilaged, of ALL colors.

I was watching a video from a reporter off to the side of Cam, apparently they had piped the sound from the interviews from the other team into where Cam was doing the interview. So while the reporters were asking questions, the background noise was somebody from the other team saying how Cam fell for their strategy and whatnot. May explain things a little more.

Actually, read this page and watch the video:

http://myfox8.com/2016/02/08/why-youre-wrong-about-cam-newton-and-the-postgame-press-conference/

Impressions of the game and the event....

The game in person was anything but boring. Great defense is fun to watch. Surprised Carolina didn't run Cam more. Manning probably couldn't lift a beer with his right hand after the game his lack of arm strength was palatable.

Gaga was amazing. WOW!

The halftime show sounded like one long song that I hadn't heard before. Kind of sounded like  it does when you pull up to a car that has the trunk filled with subwoofers and you feel the bass but hear the license plate holders rattle. I was amazed at the ability of the sound system to deliver bass that felt like that but that is pretty much all you could hear!

They did a remarkable job getting people in and out of the stadium without a hint of traffic issues. Quite remarkable. Im sure that because the great majority of folks were from out of town and as such don't have cars contributed to the lack of gridlock.

Almost as many volunteers as there were fans! All of them were well trained in regards to hospitality and information. If you needed to know where something was or which way to go, there was someone within 10 feet of you who could give you that information.

Very noticeable show of security force. Armored vehicles, National guard troops, Swat teams lots of automatic weapons in hand and on display.

Cost of a bud light $13.00
Cost of an import or “craft” $17.00

Denver fans greatly outnumbered the Carolina contingent by a lot. I'm sure it has as much to do with the longevity of the franchise as it does to the closer proximity.

Folks in the stand were in great moods looking to have a good time. Did not see the over the top drunkenness that I have come to expect at football games. Yes, I'm sure the cost of the tickets kind of self regulated that but the fans base was extremely diverse. Nice to see.

All in all it was a win for the bay area. I admit that I was not a fan of having this massive corporate event take over the city. It turned out to be quite a lot of fun. Free music all over the place, great parties all around, and lots of happy out-of-town-ers  spending lots of dough.

• Like 1

Folks in the stand were in great moods looking to have a good time. Did not see the over the top drunkenness that I have come to expect at football games. Yes, I'm sure the cost of the tickets kind of self regulated that but the fans base was extremely diverse. Nice to see.
I wasn't aware the game was in Oakland.  :)
  • Like 1

Gaga was amazing. WOW!

I agree. HOWEVER, in the realm of absolutely knock them off their feet national anthems, can anyone seriously compete with this 1991 Whitney Houston classic for the ages? https://youtu.be/N_lCmBvYMRs

Yes , Whitneys is the benchmark. Maybe its because I dont think I have ever heard a Lady Gaga song - and if I have I am certainly not aware it was her. I just know who she is as a "celebrity" So the combination of my previous held uninformed opinion and her performance elevates my perception!

• Like 1