Canadian Forum Members?

YK Thom

A nice sculpted ice bar

Very nice, that looks like some really good ice to be that clear.

They cut blocks out of the bay. There is an ice sculpture compitition as well. A Japanese guy won last year. We get thousands of Asian tourists in the winter up here aurora viewing.

where is the best place to see those northern lights tom? its on my bucket list. what time of year?

Right here in Yellowknife NWT. Aurora tourism has become a very well established industry here. Pretty much any time between mid September and the end of March. I would recommend January to March as you are less likely to get cloudy conditions.

Are there many fellow Canadian forum members here? Thoughts on Klipsch availability in Canada as well as the sinking (plummeting), dollar?

What's a Canadian? Isn't that a type of bacon???

:D

Calgary right now. Scottsdale soon I hope. With the price of logs, rocks and oil all down things are not as great in the Great White North currently.

Back Bacon is the correct name for what some people call 'Canadian Bacon'. More bad news: American Cheese is actually 'Cheddar Cheese' and it should not be dyed orange. Ever.  :)

Edited by Wolfbane
  • Like 1

You can probably post here if you are looking for something in particular. I am sure several forum members are willing to ship to Canada!

By the way, I still think Ebay is the best place to shop for Klipsch deals. Most forum members selling know the value and sometimes even ask more than their worth because the company they keep in here. On Ebay some people find the goods at Salvation Army, yard sales, estate sales or whatever and just offer them up cheaply.

For the seller willing to ship to Canada, not only is there expensive shipping costs, but also duty (on old items!)... It almost always ending up being double (with the poor exchange)...

You can probably post here if you are looking for something in particular. I am sure several forum members are willing to ship to Canada!

By the way, I still think Ebay is the best place to shop for Klipsch deals. Most forum members selling know the value and sometimes even ask more than their worth because the company they keep in here. On Ebay some people find the goods at Salvation Army, yard sales, estate sales or whatever and just offer them up cheaply.

For the seller willing to ship to Canada, not only is there expensive shipping costs, but also duty (on old items!)... It almost always ending up being double (with the poor exchange)...

Very true, 42 cents on the dollar pretty much kills that thought......now I have to go downstairs and cook some peameal bacon!

119673442.jpg

Edited by teaman

Very true, 42 cents on the dollar pretty much kills that thought......now I have to go downstairs and cook some peameal bacon!

119673442.jpg

Nice meat!

I just to give an example of the ridiculous overall price.

Saw a speaker on ebay for US$90, this is followed by USPS shipping of US$77, and then conversion for a total of CAN$ 240!!!

What's a Canadian? Isn't that a type of bacon???

To clarify I changed my photo to one taken at last March's Long John Jamboree.Sitting in an outdoor patio at -21 on a frozen lake drinking beer.

Like a good Canadian.

:D

At -21 degrees ambient that would be warm beer, right? :)

Edited by babadono
  • Like 1

Y'all know the difference between a Yankee and a Damn Yankee don't ya?

Keith

A Yankee visits the south and a damn Yankee visits and never leaves.  They're like hemorrhoids.  Once they come down they never go back up and are a pain in the a**.

(I'm a damn yankee).