Canadian Forum Members?

YK Thom

I am a Canadian, but I live in the US now. I would watch the Kijiji ads and Canuck Audio Mart. Some nice deals come up on there. That way the exchange rate is out of the equation.

The exchange is terrible, below .70 on Friday. Thankfully this will eventually turn around. I consider Florida to be my future homeland. Have about a decade to go before I retire. Love Florida, in fact pretty much all the American south;oddly enough I find the folk down that way to have much in common with Canadians like myself who live in the far north. I do check out CAM from time to time, don't often see too many Klisch and those there tend to be pricy. Most generally won't ship, so you almost need to be in Ontario.

The used prices I see on this forum for stuff in the States just makes by mouth drop. Great deals down there.

• Like 1

Agreed, the exchange is bad, i dont see that getting better anytime soon. i too have about a decade left. However, i saw the opportunity, so i bought my little place in florida a few years back when the market crashed, and the exchange was $0.92. i will spend my winters there for sure. fatbiking on the beach.

• Like 1

Agreed, the exchange is bad, i dont see that getting better anytime soon. i too have about a decade left. However, i saw the opportunity, so i bought my little place in florida a few years back when the market crashed, and the exchange was $0.92. i will spend my winters there for sure. fatbiking on the beach.

Great move on your part. I think within a decade things will be back to normal and I may join you. We have all sorts of maniacs up here who buy fat bikes for winter use and ride them all winter long. Saw a couple today on my walk to the store (-30!).

You can probably post here if you are looking for something in particular. I am sure several forum members are willing to ship to Canada!

By the way, I still think Ebay is the best place to shop for Klipsch deals. Most forum members selling know the value and sometimes even ask more than their worth because the company they keep in here. On Ebay some people find the goods at Salvation Army, yard sales, estate sales or whatever and just offer them up cheaply.

Edited by teaman
  • Like 1

I think recently craigslist has had better deals than Ebay.

Probably, but not in Canada.

Yea….I see your point. 

It's a shame that shipping is such a pain. Is it the same hassle to ship from Canada to the US?

Yea....there's an Elecro Voice t-shirt I want on e-bay and it's out of Canada....the shirt is like $15....but shipping is $25......

Not gonna happen....

MKP :-)

• Like 1

I am a Canadian, but I live in the US now. I would watch the Kijiji ads and Canuck Audio Mart. Some nice deals come up on there. That way the exchange rate is out of the equation.

The exchange is terrible, below .70 on Friday. Thankfully this will eventually turn around. I consider Florida to be my future homeland. Have about a decade to go before I retire. Love Florida, in fact pretty much all the American south;oddly enough I find the folk down that way to have much in common with Canadians like myself who live in the far north. I do check out CAM from time to time, don't often see too many Klisch and those there tend to be pricy. Most generally won't ship, so you almost need to be in Ontario.

The used prices I see on this forum for stuff in the States just makes by mouth drop. Great deals down there.

I'm in Edmonton, and I feel your pain on the shipping and prices. Most of the good deals that can be found up here are in the Toronto area and they wont even ship this way at a decent rate.

• Like 2