How The World Works

Jim Naseum

No disdain at all, just way too many tangents thus far to ever hope to get back on topic.

Could've been a constructive & intellectual discussion, too bad.

It is, but just not for you. 

I have no trouble keeping up. 

With yourself?

I don't know a thing about hamburger art or artists, nor do I care to, nor do I even eat hamburgers. The discussion is about interests in art and artists. And the importance that the ethos of any art movement has to the art produced, and the further enjoyment of that art knowing something, and appreciating, the ethos which drives that art movement and those artists. Why then would I care about a hamburger maker?

And what would I care about the personal life of an artist if I found the art pleasing?  I don't make it a habit of hanging artists on my walls.

Dave

It's preposterous to ask me about YOUR preferences in anything. 

As to myself, my enjoyment of art comes through understanding it, to the degree it takes to appreciate it. In nearly all cases, you can't come to this understanding by the superficial means of simply "viewing" it or "hearing" it. That would be the most superficial appreciation I can imagine, and it's not my interest. 

When I understand the movement, the ethos, the artists creating it, I can then decide if it is for me or not. A great deal of art is political by intention. Obviously if that doesn't comport with my politics, I'll be less interested. The purpose of art is to MOVE ONE in some way. I won't be moved by art that I disagree with. Hard to understand?

If others want to maintain a superficial appreciation of an art, good for them! That's one of the choices I hope people will express. 

I tend to "move one" every morning while listening to, or viewing, my favorite "art".

Usually followed, or accompanied, by a fart.

Plop.

Tell me how "art" has anything to do with "How the World Works".

Quick now, here is your chance at redemption for all the spouted BS thus far.

Edited by Arrow#422

No disdain at all, just way too many tangents thus far to ever hope to get back on topic.

Could've been a constructive & intellectual discussion, too bad.

It is, but just not for you. 

I have no trouble keeping up. 

With yourself?

I don't know a thing about hamburger art or artists, nor do I care to, nor do I even eat hamburgers. The discussion is about interests in art and artists. And the importance that the ethos of any art movement has to the art produced, and the further enjoyment of that art knowing something, and appreciating, the ethos which drives that art movement and those artists. Why then would I care about a hamburger maker?

And what would I care about the personal life of an artist if I found the art pleasing?  I don't make it a habit of hanging artists on my walls.

Dave

It's preposterous to ask me about YOUR preferences in anything. 

As to myself, my enjoyment of art comes through understanding it, to the degree it takes to appreciate it. In nearly all cases, you can't come to this understanding by the superficial means of simply "viewing" it or "hearing" it. That would be the most superficial appreciation I can imagine, and it's not my interest. 

When I understand the movement, the ethos, the artists creating it, I can then decide if it is for me or not. A great deal of art is political by intention. Obviously if that doesn't comport with my politics, I'll be less interested. The purpose of art is to MOVE ONE in some way. I won't be moved by art that I disagree with. Hard to understand?

If others want to maintain a superficial appreciation of an art, good for them! That's one of the choices I hope people will express. 

I tend to "move one" every morning while listening to, or viewing, my favorite "art".

Usually followed, or accompanied, by a fart.

Plop.

Tell me how "art" has anything to do with "How the World Works".

Quick now, here is your chance at redemption for all the spouted BS thus far.

You got yourself out. So, I repeat, I will not type for half an hour to get you back up to speed. If you have interest, put on your reading glasses. Otherwise your churlish resentment means less than nothing to me. Use your mouse, use your keyboard, use your eyes. Totally up to you.