How The World Works

Jim Naseum

• Moderators

Chapter 2

For the first 65,000 years of Man events were driven by FOOD. For the last 8,000 years events (the course of history) was and continues to be driven by MONEY. A primal shift (we learned how to stockpile food!). No, it's not parties and politics. No, it's not ideology and -isms. No, it's not religion, and it certainly is not armies. It is just money

"You follow drugs, you get drug addicts and drug dealers. But you start to follow the money, and you don't know where the **** it's gonna take you" - Detective Freamon - "The Wire."

This applies locally, and globally. It applies to individuals and it applies to nations and governments. It applies to science, religion, politics, history, art, literature, and absolutely everything man-made you see in the phenomenal world.

You may have to peel twenty layers off the onion to get to it, but in the core of an event or historical phenomenon, there will be someone waving money.

And that means, almost everything we think we know about cause.....is mistaken.

According to conformity theory, we should all believe the Earth is only 6,000 years old.

So is this a trick question? I thought it was cooking, specifically fire, that allowed humans to evolve to the brain power we have?

• Like 1

Chapter 2

For the first 65,000 years of Man events were driven by FOOD. For the last 8,000 years events (the course of history) was and continues to be driven by MONEY. A primal shift (we learned how to stockpile food!). No, it's not parties and politics. No, it's not ideology and -isms. No, it's not religion, and it certainly is not armies. It is just money.

"You follow drugs, you get drug addicts and drug dealers. But you start to follow the money, and you don't know where the **** it's gonna take you" - Detective Freamon - "The Wire."

This applies locally, and globally. It applies to individuals and it applies to nations and governments. It applies to science, religion, politics, history, art, literature, and absolutely everything man-made you see in the phenomenal world.

You may have to peel twenty layers off the onion to get to it, but in the core of an event or historical phenomenon, there will be someone waving money.

And that means, almost everything we think we know about cause.....is mistaken.

According to conformity theory, we should all believe the Earth is only 6,000 years old.

So is this a trick question? I thought it was cooking, specifically fire, that allowed humans to evolve to the brain power we have?

The sea change that created civilizations was agriculture.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk

JM: they adopt the least painful belief. The one with the lowest cost to their psyche.

This describes a percentage of the people.  There is also a percentage that sees red when it's obviously blue for the sake of creating controversy.

What's better?  To be delusionally happy?  Or to be an enlightened ogre?

• Like 1

Chapter 5

Nations are machines. You and your life are just a piece in that machine. The machine organizes the population and the resources to make massive amounts of money for the owners. Although this seems obvious, it's not accepted by the masses because it would be soul killing. Therefore, they invest the machine with furious spiritual attributes that can be worshipped in song, praise, and mythology. Voluntarily!

This effect was totally missed by all dystopian futurists of the 20th century. They all assumed people would have to be forced into a servitude managed by Big Brotherish entities. To the contrary they relish the opportunity to go fight other machines.

JM: they adopt the least painful belief. The one with the lowest cost to their psyche.

This describes a percentage of the people. There is also a percentage that sees red when it's obviously blue for the sake of creating controversy.

What's better? To be delusionally happy? Or to be an enlightened ogre?

That's complicated. But gets to the heart of it. Supposing for a moment that the prevailing reality was for people accept obvious truths. We can only wonder how profoundly different life would be? We already know the outcome of deep, wide delusion. It's almost hard to imagine!

Chapter 5

Nations are machines. You and your life are just a piece in that machine. The machine organizes the population and the resources to make massive amounts of money for the owners. Although this seems obvious, it's not accepted by the masses because it would be soul killing. Therefore, they invest the machine with furious spiritual attributes that can be worshipped in song, praise, and mythology. Voluntarily!

This effect was totally missed by all dystopian futurists of the 20th century. They all assumed people would have to be forced into a servitude managed by Big Brotherish entities. To the contrary they relish the opportunity to go fight other machines.

That's funny.  It sounds like a sci-fi rendition of a real man's paranoia.

"... because it would be soul-killing."

This is not necessarily true for a very large segment of the population.  Most people's souls are not killed because others do (or want to) make a profit on them.  Most people's souls aren't killed because the rules of law direct the flow of money, even though the ebb seems to be, at least to money-driven people, what they get.

This describes a percentage of the people. There is also a percentage that sees red when it's obviously blue for the sake of creating controversy.

What's better? To be delusionally happy? Or to be an enlightened ogre?

That's complicated. But gets to the heart of it. Supposing for a moment that the prevailing reality was for people accept obvious truths. We can only wonder how profoundly different life would be? We already know the outcome of deep, wide delusion. It's almost hard to imagine!

But only we decide... which is real and which is an illusion.

• Like 1

Chapter 6

10% of recent US college graduates think Judge Judy is a member of the Supreme Court.

The power of television is hard to describe.

This seems to imply that the observer holds a belief that Judge Judy is important enough that we should all know who she is.  Pretty sad either way, isn't it?

• Like 1

Chapter 5

That's funny.  It sounds like a sci-fi rendition of a real man's paranoia.

"... because it would be soul-killing."

This is not necessarily true for a very large segment of the population.  Most people's souls are not killed because others do (or want to) make a profit on them.  Most people's souls aren't killed because the rules of law direct the flow of money, even though the ebb seems to be, at least to money-driven people, what they get.

You (inadvertantly) revised my premise. I didn't say it was soul killing to realize others made money from you. I said it would be soul killing to come to the understanding that you were literally and actually a "machine part" in a machine purpose constructed by others, operated for their sole benefit. 

I only know two people in my whole life who understood this fully. The majority, think it is a metaphor and use phrases like "rat race"  or "daily grind" or "working for the man," but they don't comprehend the actual physics of the situation. They still go out and act as though that was not the truth. They still embrace radical idealism like democracy and freedom. They embrace the poison offered them, they vote with vigor and hope, they embrace the authority. 

Chapter 6

10% of recent US college graduates think Judge Judy is a member of the Supreme Court.

The power of television is hard to describe.

This seems to imply that the observer holds a belief that Judge Judy is important enough that we should all know who she is.  Pretty sad either way, isn't it?

What amused me about it was that it almost exactly mirrors what I posted in Chapter 1 - where people believed a line was a different length than what the attached ruler showed.

Imagine we apply this to something more serious? Nothing but repetition by authoritative voices (television programs) provides people with a deep belief system. How totally easy it is to facilitate world wars, for instance. In the Great War, hundreds of thousands of humans (they couldn't all be assumed stupid) 'dumped' themselves into trenches of pure slaughter for nothing more than the simple reason that "Glory to the homeland" played in their heads enough times. 

What's better?  To be delusionally happy?  Or to be an enlightened ogre?

You didn't think I would fall for a false dichotomy, did you? LOL

"Did you beat your wife with a club or a tire iron, Mr. Smith?" 

I'm advocating for anti-authoritarian decentralized realism. Where suddenly, people awaken to the realization they are akin to the "lilies of the field" and not cogs in the big wheel. Various spiritual gurus come at this through spiritual messages. I am wondering if people can be brought to it through scientific messages. 

I'm advocating for anti-authoritarian decentralized realism. Where suddenly, people awaken to the realization they are akin to the "lilies of the field" and not cogs in the big wheel.

Your position presupposes the "big wheel" is not desirable.  What if it is, and what if the people enjoy being a "cog" in something great?

This is nothing more than a re-hash of whether you think life is the equivalent of a glass half-empty or a glass half-full.  "Big wheels" can be good.  It all depends upon your perspective.

Edited by Jeff Matthews

Well yes, like any preacher I am presupposing that my advice, or position, is useful and good, else - why preach? I think the advantage is that your life will be better. Isn't that the underlying premise of all personal philosophies from Atheism to Zoro worship? From Anarchy to Zoilism?

An age old axiom, I think from ancient sources, is that "ignorance is bliss." And there is some truth in that. I am not so much aiming at ignorance however, as I am aiming at the illusion of knowing, because it generates a lot of wheel spin in place of traction. A good example of this is the enmity over say, politics, between people of similar circumstance. It wouldn't exist without the illusion.

Edited by jo56steph74