Glenn Frey--Eagles Guitarist Dies

dtel's wife

When I was 14 my dad sat me down and made me watch Hell Freezes Over lazer disc and I understood. Lots of car rides, drinks and late nights listening to Eagles records. 

So sad to hear this today.

RIP

I, too, did the same with my Dad. After Dad died, my husband said: "You can get rid of that Laser Disc to Half Price Books..." and I was like "Hell no." It's around for sentimental reasons...like the late night music nights Dad and I had watching "Hell Freezes Over" on Laser Disc....

• Like 2

As far his job, I sure liked many of his songs from the 1970s when he reportedly used a lot of hallucinogens. But, I know less than nothing about his life, and what he did outside of his job. I don't even hear any anecdotes. I hope he had good karma that serves him well now.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk

Very sad news indeed. Almost as sad is he suffered severe arthritis. For the last 15 years or so he's been taking meds for that. These meds in my opinion can be very bad for your long term health and lead to the very reasons he's dead. I have had many of those same issues, but don't take the meds anymore. I have had a few bouts with pneumonia myself in the past few years, just about ended my fun and will someday. RIP Glenn, a Truly GREAT artist in every sense.

• Like 1

• 3 years later...
2 hours ago, DizRotus said:

Glenn Frey would have been 71 today.  He’s 6 days older than I.   

I keep forgetting that I'm getting older. Been blessed with reasonably good health. Older family members are passing away ...

• Like 3